What to do with LOTS of pre-op clothes?

Kathy S.
on 11/5/05 11:15 am - PHX, AZ
Hi all! My friend had WLS 4 months ago, down 90 pounds and has TONS of pre-op clothes, yes tons in various sizes 4x and down. She tried selling them at yard sale with little success. She says she may just give them to charity which would help others. She asked me to post here and see if anyone knows of a clothing exchange/closet or something for WLS patients. Suggestions???? Thanks everyone! Kathy
Andrea Q.
on 11/5/05 10:19 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Hi Kathy- There is a clothing boutique thru Scottsdale Healthcare Shea. I think they take donations too. I wish I could find my handout that I got in the pre-op class at SBC, but I can't locate it. I'm sure if you call the office, they could give you more info. Thanks!!! Andrea
Brandy H
on 11/5/05 11:35 pm - Glendale, AZ
i take all my clothes that i am shrinknig out of (and my daughter grows out of) to a resale shop for womens, childrens and baby clothes. it is called "other mothers" there a few valley locations. they don't give you much cash so i do the trade/credit. i recently had taken a couple of bags in and i ended up with about $50 bucks of credit. and i desperately needed some pants so with my credit i was able to buy 8 *yes 8!* pairs of pants and a shirt for my daughter and a skirt for her too and i spent all my credit plus a whopping $1.26 of my own money! there are several resale shops out there to check out. again, i don't recommend doing the cash trade. but the trade/credit works out well for me when i need smaller clothes. a few other names i can think of off hand are "new 2 you", "buffalo exchange", "my sister's closet" i can't think of any more right now but maybe go through the phone book under consignment or clothing exchange stores. hope this helps. brandy
Sheryl Tilley
on 11/6/05 4:23 am - Prescott, AZ
Trisha J facilitates a WLS group and they have a clothing exchange during odd months - November is an odd month. You could contact her for more details. Sheryl
lemarie22
on 11/6/05 10:45 am - Glendale, AZ
Kathy, I donated all of my clothes to the Sojourner Center for women who are victims of domestic violence. The larger women there really need clothes and especially clothes that are suitable for job hunting. Connie
Trisha
on 11/7/05 5:49 am - Glendale, AZ
The PhoenixWLS support group has a clothing closet, and our next clothing exchange is on Nov 19th. I'd be happy to help relieve the burden of big clothes to go into our closet if she'd like to do that. Let me know. Thanks! Trisha PhoenixWLS Support Group Leader http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS/ "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
Kathy S.
on 11/7/05 9:24 am - PHX, AZ
Thanks everyone for all the great ideas ......I KNEW there had to be plaves to send those clothes!!!!! Can't wait till ALL my clothes are too big! Kathy
Most Active