I am sick....

VeeKay
on 11/3/05 8:31 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
So my surgeon wont operate, my Nov 8th date was cancelled. My 4 year old was gracious enough to share his virus with me, and now I have to be completley well for a week, and then they will reschedule me. Of course that is gonna put me into December. No matter how bad I want this for myself, I will not put my family thru this surgery at Christmas, so hopefully we can work out a date that works and doesn't interfere with my familys holiday. Vee
Trisha
on 11/3/05 9:05 am - Glendale, AZ
These kind of things can be a blessing in disguise. I'm glad they won't operate on you while sick. Doing so could result in a quick death. Who wants that?? I don't know your family or what kind of issues/pressures there are, but schedule the surgery when you want to do it. Instead of thinking that you don't want the surgery/recovery time to interfere with your family's holiday, reverse it.....are you going to let your family's holiday interfere with your surgery? Either way, we are here for you!! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Don't ru**** Hugs, Trisha
VeeKay
on 11/3/05 11:02 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
Thank you Trishia...I KNOW that the reschedule is for the best,,but it IS so disappointing. Having asthma, I am sure this is the best thing. I never thought about the December surgery the way you put it, I was just concerned about ruining my familys holiday,,,,they all support me 100%, and I felt as though if I had surgery at christmas, it would be a burden on them,,,,typical Mom though pattern, always putting those guys first,,,,lol Vee
Sheryl Tilley
on 11/3/05 9:47 am - Prescott, AZ
oh Vee - I'm so sorry. But you know what? You can use this time to research more, talk to more people about it, etc. We're here for you whenever you have it. Hugs! SHeryl
VeeKay
on 11/3/05 11:04 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
Thanks Sheryl,,,I was so looking forward to getting this over with,,,but at least I know it still WILL be done,,,just have to wait a bit longer, guess I really can't complain, it is only my first delay in the whole process!! Vee
Marilyn C.
on 11/3/05 8:44 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Hey, Trisha is right!! It is a good thing that they did not go ahead and do your surgury. This could have been very costly. Everything happens for a reason, we never know why the delay is happening at the time, but, it WILL happen & soon, so don't be too upset & just re-schedule it when you are feeling better, & I also agree that you should think of you, instead of your family, They should be proud of you making this decision no matter when the surgury happens. You will still be able to enjoy those holidays you just won't be EATING through them if you have the surgury in December. Marilyn, the Bearlady
VeeKay
on 11/3/05 11:07 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
Marilyn Thats exactly what my hubby said, and that is what is keeping me from falling apart. We totally believe that things happen for a reason. And to go ahead when we shouldn't could be devastating....so,,,,,,we wait, My family is extremly supportive, I am so lucky,,,,but I do have to admit, that they are pleased that I will be able to join them for turkey for thanksgiving rather then me having broth!!!LOLOLOL Thank you again Vee
anna
on 11/4/05 2:06 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Vee, So sorry.... you have my support! hang in there... you come this far whats another couple of weeks... hugs, Anna
Most Active