What's Your Motivation?

DCampbell2k
on 11/3/05 7:46 am - El Mirage, AZ
Ok y'all, I need some support! hehe I'm in the middle of all the pre-surgery tests and procedures, poking and prodding me every which way and it's hard to see past it to the goal of having the surgery. What have y'all found that helps you keep on keepin on? Thanks, Duane
Trisha
on 11/3/05 9:11 am - Glendale, AZ
Are you kidding?? The surgery itself was my motivation in my pre-op days!! I was never scared of dying on the table or anything. I LOVED the pre-op stage, it was fun and interesting and it was fun learning I was healthy (well except for my MO) and wasn't sane (psycho test) and it was good going through all those tests because I knew that once I got through that, the closer I'd be to having the surgery and eating small. I had gotten to the point pre-op that food no longer tasted good. I ate so much and so often, there were no distinct tastes or ahhh...that hit the spot foods. So hang in there!! these pre-op days will be over soon and soon you'll be on the other side!! We are rooting for you 100%, Duane!!! Hang in there! You'll make it. Hugs, Trisha
Sheryl Tilley
on 11/3/05 11:29 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Duane! Since I'm 56 -- my motivation was to live longer -- maybe like live long enough to see my enemies dead. LOL!! I just mainly wanted a healthier life. I was sick of driving around town in a car full of burger and taco papers, being stared at by little kids, always having to use the large-doored handicapped toilet, etc. I no longer could fit into a booth at restaurants so I would always have to ask for a table. My reasons are all of those and more. Hugs! Sheryl
Marilyn C.
on 11/3/05 8:37 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Hi Duane, The best thing for you to do is take a big tablet and start writing a list of things you want to do & things you can't do right now due to the overweight body you carry. Then as you are able to meet those wishes after your surgery than you can cross then off & throw those things out the window & start doing things again. It is a fun thing to do & it gets your mind working on what will be later down the road. Good luck & I pray that you will be on the losing side very soon. Hang in There!! It will be here before you know it!! Marilyn, the Bearlady
Kathy S.
on 11/4/05 11:00 am - PHX, AZ
OK DUANE! I'M PRE-OP AND GOING THROUGH THE TESTS AND PRODDING TOO! WHAT MOTIVATES ME? LIVING TO SEE MY DAUGHTER GROW UP .............MEDICALLY I AM SCARED TO DEATH OF DIABETES. MY GRANDMOTHER WAS A TYPE II DIABETIC FOR OVER 50 YEARS AND BOTH MY PARENTS ARE NOW DIABETIC. I AM 42 YEARS AND BY GOD'S GRACE HAVE NOT BEEN DIAGNOSED ....YET. AT THREE HUNDRED PLUS IT IS NOT IF BUT WHEN. WLS IS NOT A GUARNTEE OF ESCAPING THIS DISEASE BUT IT IS MY SINGLE BEST WAY TO PERHAPS AVOID OR AT LEAST PROLONG THE DIAGNOSIS. I'D RATHER FIGHT DIABETES AT A HEALTHY WEIGHT. I MADE A PROS AND CONS LIST ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT TO DO THIS.... THE PROS FAR OUTWEIGHED(NO PUN INTENDED!!!) THE CONS. BE STRONG AND LOOK TO THE FOLKS HERE AND AT YOUR SURGEON'S OFFICE. GOOD LUCK AND CATCH THE GOLDEN RING!!!!! KATHY
DCampbell2k
on 11/4/05 3:24 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Thanks guys! You really helped me keep on track. I have a very very very long list of things I can't do now and it's really helpful to know that one day I will be doing all these things again. I had another appointment today for another test so we are that much closer! Only 2 appts to go! Thanks again for all your help! Duane
Most Active