Calcium...

Trisha
on 11/2/05 1:28 pm - Glendale, AZ
As a newbie post-op, I took flinstone vitamins and viactive calcium chewables because that's what my surgeon's program listed, but later learned that I needed more. It's okay the first few weeks/1st month....but sources and other post-ops have said that calcium citrate is best absorbed by post-ops. So try out some chewable calcium citrate out there. You can only absorb about 400-500mg at a time so even though we need 1000-2000 or so, space it out throughout the day and take on empty stomach. They say it's best absorbed that way. And don't take with iron because iron and calcium cancel each other out. Anyway,,,,just a helpful suggestion to consider. I wish I knew that before surgery. I know we all have different bodies and systems and surgeons and such, so do what works best for you!! Most health food stores are more than willing to let you sample a product before you buy it (protein drinks, bars, chewable vitamins/supplements, drinks,etc) They know that not all "health food" tastes good. So don't be afraid to ask for a sample. And most health stores allow returns, so if you get a protein powder and don't like it, feel free to take it back. I learned that two months post op and wish I had known that to begin with. I thought if it had been opened it's not returnable, but lots of post-ops say it is. Has anyone tried the flavored calcium citrate from www.vitalady.com? I had heard raving reviews for their cinnamon so finally got some this past week and for some reason, it BURNS my tongue. But then again, it could be that pain med I was on this past week for my back - that put my body through the ringer. I'm off it now so should try it now. But they also have vanilla and other flavors. I'm used to the citrus flavors from local health food stores here and like it, but i'm getting tired of citrus. Trisha
Sandy in Tucson
on 11/3/05 3:36 am - Tucson, AZ
TUSWLS, my support group in Tucson orders powdered calicum from a internet co www.parthenoninic.com We do group orders and the the company sends us royalty checks back for the group to use as desired. This is a powdered calicum and very digestable. Our group leaders found about it at a obesity conference held in Salt Lake City every year. This company makes the the pill you take for body ordor. Sandy in Tucson
Sandy in Tucson
on 11/3/05 3:39 am - Tucson, AZ
Sandy in Tucson
on 11/3/05 3:45 am - Tucson, AZ
We do alot of group orders in our weight loss group...to save everyone $ and shipping costs...plus some of the companies send the group a check periodically for sales generated. We are doing the profect protein that way.....the banner is to the left of this messageboard. I hear it is excellant protein, but costly---the cost is cut buy being on auto ship plus we will be ordering by the case, too. Sandy
Trisha
on 11/3/05 5:01 am - Glendale, AZ
ROFLOL Well, get it right, Sandy!! hahahaha!! Thanks for this info!! I'll check it out. I didn't know they made calcium in POWDER form. Can you taste it when you mix it in drinks? Trisha
Sandy in Tucson
on 11/3/05 3:38 am - Tucson, AZ
Most Active