Solved the Tummy issues....

Darlene X
on 10/31/05 11:36 pm - Maricopa, AZ
We think... We hope.... The last 2 weeks we were having some tummy issues with Hubby. He ate something, and it hurt, hurt bad to where he couldnt eat or drink for 3-4 days. The first time it finally started getting better, and we managed to get by without medical assistance... then 3 days later it happened again.... This time resulting in a trip to the Emergency room till 3am in the morning for IV fluids because he was getting dehydrated. Yesterday Hubby had an appointment with the Dr Fang (wearing his Hula girl halloween costume--- see profile for pic's LOL)...... Dr Fang forgot he still has his gall bladder, because they almost always remove it. They couldnt remove Hubby's during his WLS so he has to go back for that surgery in about 6 months. So Dr Fang asked if the tummy issues happened after eating fatty food.... and now we think of it yes. The first time he stopped and got some refried beans from Taco Bell (Fatty).... the second time he had some mashed potato and gravy from KFC (Fatty gravy). I guess fat can cause the gall bladder to contract, and if you have stones it can hurt BAD!!! It makes sense... So Hubby is feeling much better now, he is back to eating and drinking... and he gets to move to normal foods next week YAY (Apart from steak & salad, not allowed till 4-6 months out). We will avoid fat and see how it goes... Im hoping we've figured it out, cause it was bad seeing him in pain!
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/31/05 11:51 pm - Prescott, AZ
HI Darlene! Have him get mashed potatoes without gravy and send him to work with a little container of gravy made with buillion and cornstarch. It's a good substitute. So glad he's better. And so happy you posted this because these are foods i look forward to having. Hugs! SHeryl
Marilyn C.
on 11/1/05 8:39 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
When he get to the REAL food, make sure he eats SLOWWWW. & still chews that food or he will have problem again. Our doc gave us a script for the first 6 months to help with gallbladder issues. We had to take these pills (cut them in half at first to swallow, but they kept the inflamation down in the beginning. )I don't remeber what they were called. I will try & fin out & maybe he could ask his \doc about them. Glad he is better. Try scramble eggs with grated cheese on them for added protein. they are better than mashed potatoes. Some people can't handle the carbs in the potatoes at first. my favorite are still the refried beans, you can buy the fat-free ones by Rosarita & add a little cheese & water to thin them down. You see him everyday, but, are you starting to notice he is a shrinking man (Hee, Hee) Lot of love to you both!! Marilyn, the Bearlady
Most Active