Deep sigh of relief, woosh

simply_jess
on 10/31/05 11:22 am - Phoenix, AZ
So if you've been following then skip the next few sentences as I explain lol. I went to a therapist, that I found online without any referrels or testimonials, that in hindsight is a big NO NO. She went beserk on me when I cancelled an appointment and it was the straw that broke the back. I needed behavior modification therapy for weight loss and from the beginning it just seemed off with her. So with that said... I called Dr. Maxwell's office, who did my psych evaluation, and the assistant finally answered the phone, instead of me having to leave yet another annoying message (I can be annoying when I truly want something). She told me none of the referred doctor's she had weren't covered in my insurance and suggested I call this social worker who would probably charge less out of pocket. So I called the Social Worker and she let me talk full sentences without interupting and she seemed so awesome. She gave me an estimate on how long it would take instead of changing the subject and it was just, so refreshing. Plus she specializes in weight loss surgery. SO yes I feel so comforted. My first appointment with her is tomorrow so I can't wait to get this started (and completed) lol Thanks everyone for caring
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/31/05 11:38 pm - Prescott, AZ
Hi Jessica! Are you allowed to use a social worker? I had been told that I must use a PhD. Maybe that is just my insurance 's requirement. One thing I learned going through all these appointments is how to get around things and get things done. Remember Jessica -- they are 'analyzers' so don't leave annoying messages. Why? Because these people have the power to change your life. LITERALLY. They will interpret it as that you have a problem from the get-go. Which is unfair of them. This is the kind of thing where they start refering you to behavior mod therapy and that puts you back in your journey at least 6 months. And you don't want that I know. Hugs! Sheryl
Most Active