I'm BAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

Sheryl Tilley
on 10/31/05 5:11 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi everybody! i'm on the losing side now!!!! I DID gain 7 pounds during surgery -- but heard that kind of thing is normal. I kept waiting for the fear to kick in and it never did. I think I was well-prepared and I wanted it so much. I'm always pretty positive and a joker and you know how they come around before surgery asking, "Do you know what procedure you're going to have?" I said, "Yes, I'm here for a penis reconstruction." I told that to the anesthesiologist, RN and surgeon. Everybody laughed. What I would compare the pain to -- and I must admit I am a big baby --is overeating at a terrific buffet. I'm feeling different ON my tummy but not within. I have pain meds I could take but haven't had to except once after surgery - and that was only because the nurse's insisted. I would do it again in a heartbeat. And these little tiny meals feel BIG. I talked to kitten and Andrea while I was in St. Luke's -- and I thought I saw EJ going into an elevator on Friday just as mine slammed shut. I had a great time and the nurse's at St. Lukes were great -- coming in to see me right away when I pushed the call light. I had to call my PCP today to get potassium in a powder or liquid form. I get leg cramping and can't crush the pill they gave me because it's time released. I've had the leg cramping on and off for about a year -- it's not something that popped up because of surgery. And -- I came home OFF diabetes meds. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Hugs to all! SHeryl
Darlene X
on 10/31/05 5:16 am - Maricopa, AZ
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Your BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so ticked off I didnt get to come see you. We have to meet some other time. I bet that was EJ you saw Friday!!!!!!! After all his tummy problems last week he was at St Lukes from like 8am-11.30am Friday having an Upper GI done. Thats too funny... he's kind of hard to miss though... a 468lb red head! Because he was in at St Lukes Friday, we didnt come in Saturday. I thought of you around 5pm as I was leaving work Friday and figured you were probably out of surgery. Im so glad your ok!!!! YAY, now to be a loser! Darlene
Kabaa
on 10/31/05 7:04 am - Tempe, AZ
Welcome back. Sounds as if all went well. A lot of people on this site missed you. Fran Baseden
sallyann
on 10/31/05 9:01 am - page, AZ
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Im sooooo glad to hear from you!!! I have checked for you everyday at least 3 times... I want to hear all about it!!! Im so happy for you!! Sounds like you did very well! I wanted to hear you say you would do it again in a heartbeat!! This is soooo cool!! did you take everything you needed at the hospital? Did you like your surgeon? Did you walk just after surgery? Oh, I cant wait to talk to you..Call me if you feel up to it ok? Congrats!!! IM soooo happy for you! Your friend..sally
Kathy S.
on 10/31/05 10:42 am - PHX, AZ
Sheryl I am THRILLED for you! Home without diabetes meds!!!!!!!!! Where will you be six months from now! I know you prepared well for this and not without ups and downs. Everyone that posts here is an inspiration for me !!!! May your recovery continue to be swift and complete!!! Kathy
Marilyn C.
on 10/31/05 8:03 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
HI Sheryl, Glad to hear you are fine!! Make sure you are drinking tha****er & walking will help with the anathesia getting out of your system. The weight gain is do to surgury. It is the air that they expand you stomach area to do the surgury. It will be gone in a heartbeat & you will be losing very fast now. You should be on pureed food or soft foods at this point & make sure you chew chew chew any foods you do eat so they don't get stuck. Walk, Walk, Walk at is the best thing you can do for yourself right now it will help not only you heal, but get that added bloated feeling to go away faster. Keep us posted Marilyn, the Bearlady
Sheryl Tilley
on 11/1/05 7:55 am - Prescott, AZ
HI Marilyn! Thanks for all your good wishes. I haven't had trouble getting the water down since I always drank a lot -- it's getting trained to do the 'sip sip sip' thing. The only time I have trouble is getting crushed pills down with just little sips. YUCK. The bloating is pretty much gone -- the fat remains. hahaha! I am a little tired today. That's been the only negative to this. Hugs! Sheryl
Melissa P
on 10/31/05 11:50 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Sheryl, We missed you! I am so glad everything went well. It doesn't suprise me about you having the all the doctors and nurses cracking up. I still laugh about the two hairs on your chin post. Keep us updated on your progress. I am so happy for you. Melissa
Sheryl Tilley
on 11/1/05 7:57 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Melissa! I missed everybody here too! It was strange watching tv and just walking. You all are so importnt to me. Hugs! Sheryl
Trisha
on 11/2/05 1:32 pm - Glendale, AZ
Yay, Sheryl!! Reading your post brought back the awesome memories of my WLS experience!! I really needed to read your post. Wow!! Yep, gaining a few pounds in the hospital is NORMAL due to the meds the pump in you plus saline solution. I gained about 5 pounds in hospital and was freaking out because NO ONE told me that happened. (Sorry I didn't tell you. There's just too much info!!) So it's normal. I know one person who gained about 15 pounds in the 3 days she was in hospital and it all came off fast and such, so it's normal. I wish they covered that in the ABC classes or teaching day. Sounds like everything went smoothly and you had a great experience!! That is awesome!! Yay, Sheryl!!!! Hugs, Trisha
Most Active