went out to lunch for the first time

Debbie E.
on 10/30/05 11:39 am - Surprise, AZ
This was a difficult venture for me. I went with my sister and niece to go wedding dress shopping and we went out to lunch. At first I was very nervous because I was not sure what I would be able to eat. They were so supportive that they said if there is nothing on the menu I could have we will go somewhere else. Well, I saw a vegatable soup (they did not have cottage cheese or applesauce) and asked if they would mind holding back all the veggies and serve me in the smallest bowl they could serve it in. At first the girl looked at me funny but when I explained that I recently had stomach surgery and cannot eat very much she understood and accommodated me without further ado and did'nt even charge me. Even though my surgery was September 19th I had my last endoscopy on 10/17 and basically am starting over with soft foods. So, I pulled out my baby spoon and had my delicious soup and took 1/2 hour to eat it and felt so good about that. My family and friends and especially my wonderful husband is now noticing the weight loss. As of today I am 29 pounds closer to my goal.
Pamela E.
on 10/31/05 1:23 am - Buckeye, AZ
Very clever Debbie. How is your energy level? You're doing great and I am so very proud of you! Pam
Debbie E.
on 10/31/05 11:49 am - Surprise, AZ
Hi Pam!!!!! I wanted to call you tonight because I know today was your first day back to work since your surgery but I remembered how tired I was that first day and had to take a nap when I got home. Anyway, I will try and call tomorrow after I do my laps in the pool. My energy level is good until near the end of the day which seems to drag on but once I am done work I do pretty good. I wish my energy was better but I know it will get there with time. How is your energy? I know you have been walking a great deal and I am also proud of you and so glad we have become friends outside this site. PS. I had those meatless meatballs from Trader Joes with sauce on it and it was DELICIOUS! and had no problem chewing or swallowing. You should try them. Yummmmmmeeeeeee!
Trisha
on 10/31/05 3:20 am - Glendale, AZ
Congrats!!! That is great! 29 lbs!! WOW!!! That's cool about the soup and not getting charged for it. You go girl!! Trisha
Debbie E.
on 10/31/05 11:50 am - Surprise, AZ
Thanks! I think I am finally on my way. I know it will take time but at least so far I am past the endoscopy stage. I guess it is all about choices!
Most Active