The scale continues to go DOWNnnnnn!

Do-over Girl
on 10/29/05 12:42 pm - Tempe, AZ
I had my 2 month-ish appt with Scottsdale Bariatric on Monday 10/24/05...and my new total weight loss is 59 pounds! I can't believe it I am under 300 pounds for the first time in so, so long. I weighed in at 289. It is such a wonderful feeling and it's still mindblowing that I'm losing so quickly. I followed up the next day with my gastro Dr. (Dr. Shernoff) who first suggested that I consider surgery 1 1/2 years ago. His confidence and support were instrumental with my having the surgery. He gave me a big hug at my appt and told me how proud of me he is! Also my lab work and the liver biopsy that were done during the procedure are showing some major improvements with my ulcerative colitis and liver disease (PSC). His nurses all popped in to see me as well and give their wishes of encouragement. I have been his patient for a long, long time...and I feel I have made some great strides in being as healthy I can be under his guidance and support. Yippppppppeeeeeeeee I had a friend call me "skinny" today when I shared how much weight I have lost. Not "skinny" yet...but making great strides towards a healthy weight.
Ginger
on 10/29/05 2:56 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi there! Geez-Louise...you are doing terrific. You are not only losing weight very quickly..but the rest of your health problems are starting to resolve themselves...those things alone are well worth the surgery for you. Glad you are so supported by your doctors and friends. Keep us posted...you desire the bragging rights to this one for sure! Hugs, Virginia
Marilyn C.
on 10/29/05 9:07 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Great News & it just keeps getting better & better. You wont even recognize yourself in a few months. Enjoy the ride cause it does get harder after the first year. Learn those healthy eating habits now, as you will sure need them down the road to keep it all off. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Pamela E.
on 10/31/05 1:15 am - Buckeye, AZ
KUDOS to you! I'll bet you feel so much healthier already. Your post is inspirational to all. Pam
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/31/05 4:56 am - Prescott, AZ
Great Jmf! You are doing so well! I'm happy to hear it. Hugs! Sheryl
Kathy S.
on 10/31/05 10:27 am - PHX, AZ
ALBSOLUTELY FABULOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I met you a few months ago at a SBC support group right after your surgery! I am SO INSPIRED by your hard work and progress! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Kathy
Most Active