Vision after surgery

diamanti1
on 10/28/05 4:58 am - Peoria, AZ
Has anyone experience any problems with their vision immediately after surgery. My wife had her surgery on Monday and I am sitting in the office looking at her read on the couch and she is having to hold the book at arms length to read. Prior to surgery she had 20/20 vision (thank you lasik) but is now having troubles reading. Could it be the effects of the anesthesia? Thanks, Dave
Marilyn C.
on 10/28/05 10:02 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Hi David, Don't despair, most likely it is anathesia, it takes days to get our of our system. Make sure she is getting her water in, that helps flu**** out. If it does not imporve make sure she lets her Doctor know about it. Could be nothing, could be something, if you know what I mean. Hang in there! Marilyn, the Bearlady
Do-over Girl
on 10/29/05 5:07 am - Tempe, AZ
YES, YES, YES!!! I thought I was the only one...I am now having to use the "cheaters" reading glasses for print ever since my surgery in August. I mentioned it to Randy/SBC at one of my visits and he said if it continues to check with my eye dr but that many things are affected by anesthesia. Since I am over 40 it could also be presmyopia (sp?) which causes one to not be able to focus close up...if I hold something arm's length away I'm find...but anything print related in between that I need the reading glasses.
Most Active