Dilemma, please help!

simply_jess
on 10/27/05 12:18 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone. My shrink won't give me the go ahead, my shrink for the psych eval. that is being Dr. Maxwell. I had to go to the behavior mod to do something about eating. The therapist I am going to now, just started from after the psych eval. is let's say.. very slow, very indecisive it seems, and not very open to what the plan of action is or how long its going to take (but a while she said). I know other people in my situation have gone to therapist that specialize in this in a faster amount of time and knows when a person has a problem. I am not saying this out of denial but I know I don't have an addiction per se to food. I can control myself but I do have issues with feeling a need to eat out of boredom and if I am having a rough day. My question basically is... did any of you have to go to behavior mod and if so, who did you go to that seems to possibly might understand my situation? Does anyone know if Dr. Maxwell does this? She is out of my insurance network but I do trust her, but am unsure if she does this. I need to do this quickly and start the application process to the insurance company because I only have insurance because I am in school and that ends soon. Thank you. my email is [email protected] -Jess
Ginger
on 10/27/05 2:51 pm - Chandler, AZ
Jess, Dr. Maxwell was out of my insurance network even though I am going through "Bridges" and Dr. Fang. I found a psych in Tempe that was awsome and quick. He said that he didn't care if I was "crazy" or not. He charged $30.00 for the over 300 question "personality test"..he had to send it away to be graded. I don't remember the name of the test..but it was required by my insurance company...how they can determine you have an eating disorder from this stupid test is beyond me. Anyway, I took the test and had 2 other visits that were $20.00 co-pays. He asked me some background questions about my life history..and I sent it to him on the internet. He wrote a letter based on my info. I came to his office to sign it (if I agreed) and he gave it to me to hand-deliver to Dr.Fang's office. It happened pretty fast ..but due to the Memorial Day week-end vacations etc. I seemed like it took forever..but things always take forever when you are waiting for them right?? I did not have to take any behavior modification classes (just the basic ABC classes through Bridges) I was quite happy with this Dr. If you are interested in seeing him.. you can e-mail me personally and I'll get you the info. I hope things work out for you quickly. My surgery date is Nov. 23rd!! Can you tell I'm excited??? Hugs, Virginia
simply_jess
on 10/27/05 3:14 pm - Phoenix, AZ
oh congrats!!! I already took my psych eval and did like the outcome. She said I was a perfect candidate and just wanted me working on emotionally eating, which eh I don't think I completely do, not at all addictively, and she wanted to change some meds I was taking. I went to this new shrink for behavior mod and it just is going all wrong and I cancelled an apt with her for Monday just tonight and she called me back when I was away and literally left a 10 minute message on my machine about her own problems. My mother listened to it and was pretty sure she was drinking. I need a counselor. Do you think behavior mod will be ok and checked off if I just do the ABC classes?
simply_jess
on 10/27/05 3:17 pm - Phoenix, AZ
plus more: I already took my psych eval and did like the outcome. She said I was a perfect candidate and just wanted me working on emotionally eating, which eh I don't think I completely do, not at all addictively, and she wanted to change some meds I was taking. I went to this new shrink for behavior mod and it just is going all wrong and I cancelled an apt with her for Monday just tonight and she called me back when I was away and literally left a 10 minute message on my machine about her own problems. My mother listened to it and was pretty sure she was drinking. I need a counselor. Do you think behavior mod will be ok and checked off if I just do the ABC classes?
Sandy in Tucson
on 10/27/05 10:28 pm - Tucson, AZ
I know of 2 self pays that had surgery with Dr. Fang like 2.5 months ago and they used Dr. Maxwell and both of them had to behavior modifacation therapy. I think it is Dr. Maxwells way. Why don't you see another opoinion on psych eval. like have another one, but with your insurance. My pysch eval. was in Tucson and I did no behavior modification. It might of helped. But, I think I need the help now, not freshly out from surgery. My opinion. I could eat only like a bird first 3 months. I just want the surgery to work, so I watch what goes down my throat...but it gets tuffer daily...old habits slip in. Now, I am thinking of seeking help...I have not lost weight in 3 weeks. I am upset...but not beating myself up. I know the rules...I know the way to keep losing. It is work. The surgery is a tool....I got to stop eating high calories foods with alot of carbs and move more. After you lose alot of weight you got to excercise daily and I know that...but been lazy too on top of it all. Anyone who says this surgery is the easy way out is a Fool. A stupid Fool to boot. I plan to get the weight off and keep it off. This is no game for me. Sandy in Tucson Dr. Fang 11/04/04 143 lbs down
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/28/05 12:23 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Jess - I went to Shelley Doumani in Glendale on Bell Rd. She is good and quick -- 1 hour. Now, she was slow (30 days) in transcribing our session -- but it was worth it in the long run. Hugs! SHeryl
simply_jess
on 10/28/05 11:06 am - Phoenix, AZ
She isn't taking in new patients
Most Active