Back from the emergency room...

Darlene X
on 10/26/05 8:08 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Its 3am UGHHHHH.... Needless to sya Im skipping work tomorrow. They gave Hubby 2 bags of IV Fluids and did blood work etc. Im sue he'll be fine. We figured this is how he dumps...... if he eats too fast or too much, his tummy get's inflamed and hurts bad for a few days after. He's gonna set up a Dr appt with Dr Fang tomorrow.... Now off to bed only to be awoken by puppies at 5.30am
diamanti1
on 10/27/05 12:09 am - Peoria, AZ
Lesson learned from me....don't eat to fast.....I was doing this initially...and the pain was unbearable. Also I would be very careful with the mashed potatoes....not "good" food for the new pouch...has no protein...and that is important....I would stick to the soft proteins, lentils, beans, turkey, chicken, etc. Fish has not been great for me....I had to spend the day with a client the other day...and we went to lunch at baja fresh...so I ordered the Mahi Mahi tacos and was just eating the fish...to dry...got stuck...caused pain....lesson learned. Just remember don't try to progress to fast....and even when eating soft foods like yogurt....you can't shovel it in....sit down for the meal...and take 30 minutes to eat it....if you do this he will do fine. Best of luck...I feel sorry for the two of you.
Darlene X
on 10/27/05 4:16 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yeah both times this has happened was when Hubby needed something to eat, went to Taco Bell & Got beans, and KFC for mashed potatos..... I wasnt there to measure his food.... and he didnt know where to stop. Ive been telling him from Day 1 he eats too fast, but full liquids always went down fine.... so he mostly ignored me. Im hoping he doesnt ignore me anymore LOL Normally I measure out his 2oz, but both the times he upset his tummy he probably ate 3oz cause he didnt measure. The mashed potatoes were a last resort, cause he took some fish to work, but it was too dry and he needed something to eat quick--- KFC was across the street.. I dont feed him mashed potatoes at home. The doctor at Emergency room said that the potatoes should have gone down fine... so I dont think it was the potatoes themselves, but the speed and amount. This REALLY sucks as his form of dumping, cause its not a few hours and then its over... its 2-3 days of not being able to eat or drink after, and him getting dehydrated. Ah well we all learn..... Let see how he does the next few weeks.
Arizona_Sun
on 10/27/05 12:29 am - Gilbert, AZ
Glad to hear he got his fluids. Hopefully some of this will get his attention and he will start following the rules a little better. I know it is hard when the mind says one thing and the body says another. How are those cute little Goliath puppies doing? Sold the last one yet? He is a cutie. Sandy
Darlene X
on 10/27/05 4:19 am - Maricopa, AZ
Im hoping this really got his attention too... so far it has been all too easy, and I think he was feeling a little untouchable from dumping LOL I feel like Im such a nagger, always on him about slowing down.... but he has to learn his own lesson. Part of what makes it hard is that he doesnt have time at work, he is always busy so drinking all day is extremely hard to do, and taking a long time for a meal is too.... so I think he tried to ru**** Puppies are adorable.... driving me crazy hahahaha. I'll miss them when they go, but cant wait to get rid of them all hahaha. They are all spoken for, and most are leaving this weekend.
cynthia E.
on 10/27/05 4:52 am - buckeye, AZ
You poor thing. Hope you got some rest. I hope he has figured it out. Dumping is no fun. I never had much dumping but I would get food stuck in my chest. That really hurts. I learned to chew and chew somemore. Can you give him a 2oz container to take to work with him. Then when he has to compermise his eating he can at least measure it. Target has some 2oz containers. They are alittle expensive but they did the job. Rubbermaid also has a 4oz container I use now. Maybe you can make a line around the 2 oz mark or tell him only fill half way. Hope this helps out. cynthia
Most Active