question on FLEET

dmwilson
on 10/21/05 4:13 pm - tucson, AZ
Can anyone clear up for me the useage of Fleet on the day before surgery. Am I suppose to get a 1 1/2 bottle and take 1/2 at 2:00pm and 1/2 at 8:00pm or am I to take a 1 1/2 bottle at 2:00pm and 1 1/2 bottle at 8:00pm. I am not clear on this. Thanks Diane Dr. Burpee Nov.16,05
kkernagis
on 10/22/05 8:02 am - Mesa, AZ
i would definitely start earlier than 2pm, unless you have a late surgery scheduled the next day. i started at 1pm, and was still on the potty at 1am the next morning, and had to go quite a few times before my surgery @7am! as far as the dosage, check with your doc. everyone requires something a little different. i had to take 1 1/2 oz after noon and 1 1/2oz after 4 or something. i would DEFINITELY not take the last one as late as 8pm..you need to get some good sleep before your big day! one thing i hope you take out of this post is this....drink PLENTY of water during and after the whole process until you are not allowed to anymore...you may not want to, but you need to. it will help flush everything out, AND you WILL get dehydrated if you don't! trust me..the first surgery i was so dehydrated..second surgery (exploratory for complications) I drank and drank, and felt soooo much better afterwards! good luck! katie k
teresa@rockartcreation
s.com

on 10/23/05 1:08 am - Tempe, AZ
Check with your Dr. I was just supposed to take one bottle all at once. I took it about 2:00 PM the day before surgery. I was off the pot about 3 hours later. 1 1/2 bottles seems like plenty. I can't imagine that you would have to take 3 bottles total. Would that be 1 1/2 ounces each time instead? Teresa
teresa@rockartcreation
s.com

on 10/23/05 1:10 am - Tempe, AZ
One more thing, Eat lite that morning. I also didn't eat much the day before either. I figured the less that went in, would be the less that had to come out . My pre-op day was on Mother's day. No big mother's day lunch for me . Teresa
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/27/05 2:27 am - Prescott, AZ
hi Diane! Love your pic! Glad you posted one. No -- take a 1 and a half oz bottle at a time. So that's a total of 2 bottles = 3 ounces. I'm mixing mine today with Mountain Dew. UGH. Good luck. Hugs! SHeryl
dmwilson
on 11/4/05 7:42 am - tucson, AZ
Thanks every one for your replys on the FLEET. Diane
Most Active