Scottsdale Bariatric question

beth0603
on 10/20/05 4:48 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi guys! I just recently got approved for Lap Band with Scottsdale Bariatric and my surgery date is schedule for Dec 1st. I have a trip to Vegas planned for the week Thanksgiving weekend. But I was wondering, will they be putting me on a liquid diet before the surgery ? Of course, I'll probably be a liquid diet in Vegas, but not the kind that they will require!! Just wanna know if I should reschedule my trip! Thanks! Beth
diamanti1
on 10/20/05 6:47 am - Peoria, AZ
No liquid diet but they do want you to avoid carbs 3 days prior to surgery. The day before the surgery you can eat a light breakfast they bowel prep and liquids the rest of that day. Best of luck...can't find a better group of people than SBC.
beth0603
on 10/20/05 7:11 am - Chandler, AZ
Thanks so much for the info! I really need this vacation and I'll be back 5 days before the big day so I was hoping I wouldnt have to cancel!! Beth
chihmom6
on 10/20/05 7:09 am - Chandler, AZ
Congrats on your approval and surgery date! SBC and Dr. Blackstone are the best. Being a bandster you will also be getting to know Melissa, she will be the one you see every month for your follow up and fills. She ROCKS!!! They don't give you any special diet prior to surgery, just the last 48 hrs you have to start the prep (i.e. light meal, then fasting, bowel prep, etc.) You should be OK for that weekend. I just wouldn't go too crazy. Have you met with Cassie yet for your nutrition appt? If not, let her know your plans and she can advise you. You can also email her at [email protected]. She welcoms questions and is really prompt at getting you an answer. Good luck! Rachael.
Melissa P
on 10/20/05 9:18 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Beth, I don't know the awnser to the question. I just wanted to say hi. I talked to you in Dr. Emershads office. I was just starting my diet with them and you were finishing yours up. I was the one with really long brown hair. Anyways congrats on your surgery. I am hoping for mine early next year. Melissa
anna
on 10/21/05 2:01 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Beth, I had my surgery at Barix Clinics in Scottsdale. enjoy your trip and do not worry about surgery. the last to weeks before surgery I could not eat much(nerve's) lol did not have to do liquid diet tell starting at noon day before surgery. Good luck to you! Anna
HOT
on 10/27/05 8:47 am - Phoenix, AZ
Who is your surgeon.. I am having my surgery at the same place or faculity Nov.16th with Dr. Simon
beth0603
on 10/27/05 9:10 am - Chandler, AZ
My surgeon is going to be Dr. Keiran
Most Active