Schedule me pluleeeezzzz

Ginger
on 10/19/05 1:51 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi everybody! I don't remember if I posted this question before. It's been one week since I'm been approved...yeah! I have left messages with Dr. Fang's scheduler and for some reason.. she won't return my call. Will that office contact me by phone when I get the surgery date?? Or should I still keep bugging them?? Maybe if I tick off the scheduler too much.. she won't schedule me till the year 2006!! What is your experience with this?? Thanks in advance! Virginia
Brandy H
on 10/19/05 4:45 am - Glendale, AZ
i got a letter stating my surgery date and all my preop testing stuff listed a few days after i got the call from dr. juarez's office stating that i had been approved for surgery. it's not just the surgery date and time that they have to schedule they have to get all your pre op schedule together also. so give them a few more days ( i know it sucks to be patient ) but just keep checking the mail. if you don't hear by friday then call again. just my suggestion. good luck and congrats on getting approved! brandy
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/19/05 10:01 am - Prescott, AZ
My experience was that they sent a letter one week after I was approved. Never did get a call. Sheryl
Trisha
on 10/19/05 10:06 am - Glendale, AZ
Pat the scheduler will NOT return your call. Don't hold your breath. But check your MAIL daily!!!! I don't know why she doesn't cal patients back and tell them - oh you are scheduled for Nov XX and I mailed you out a letter about it and your preop tests. Instead, patients are left to wait on pins and needles until the letter arrives in the mail which usually takes about 7-10 days from approval date. So hang in there!!! You aren't alone. This is normal practice for them. Let us know when you get your ****LETTER****!!! Trisha
Ginger
on 10/19/05 12:14 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi Trisha, I don't mind telling ya..that scheduler gal was quite rude. Last Thursday, when I made my initial call (after I was approved) I talked to her and asked about the scheduling process. She said, something like, Oh, here is my in-box. Let's see I have 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 I have 10 people before you..that makes you number 11. I really didn't think I put this to an issue like...it's so easy, why isn't it done already? I was just really taken back..you know, being Super Morbidly Obese for so many years, it either toughens you up or breaks you down. I just felt like hiding under my My emotions are all over the place as it is. Shouldn't there be some kind of "sensitivity training" for dealing with people such as myself in that office?? Just wondering?? I probably am reading way too much into this...does it look like I have issues?? You bet Thanks all for letting me vent! Virginia
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/05 1:32 am - Phoenix, AZ
Virginia - you are too funny!!! You are dealing with so many emotions right now - its perfectly normal! Hang in there! The ride of your life is about to begin!
Most Active