20 Days...

VeeKay
on 10/18/05 12:51 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
Gosh I can't believe it, only 20 more days for me!!! I have my pre ops and nutrition classes next Friday,,then my appointment with Dr. V on the 4th,,,and then its my turn. Everything seems to be going so fast, even in retrospect. I have considered this surgery for many years, however, when I finally realized back in July that I had access to insurance that would cover it,,,,,,,it seems like everything just went, one, two, three. And now with only 20 days seperating me from my new life, it is so hard to believe.
Ginger
on 10/19/05 1:37 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Vee Kay! 20 days and counting!! I am so excited for you..you know what's weird...I HATED my insurance company because of the problems that made the process stall and the hoops I got tired of jumping through. NOW that I got my approval...I love my insurance company cause, at least I have insurance that covers the surgery that I need. Isn't funny how a change of attitude can change one's perspective? I do envy being where you are now though Vee!! Hugs, Virginia
VeeKay
on 10/19/05 1:51 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
The funny part is, for years I just assumed I couldn't have the surgery because my hubbys insurance (UHC) had an ironclad exclusion,,,so I left it at that.. Then one day this last July, I was driving down the road, and it hit me like a ton of bricks,,I am eligible for Medicare, and they DO cover it. I have been on disability for 10 years, but never took Mediare part B, becasue we had my husbands insurance. So then I started looking into it, and I got the insurance switched over by August, and the rest went real easy. The hardest part was waiting for the pre determination from Humana, that was 3 weeks,,( I took a Medicare Advantage plan, thru Humana cause my hospital copay was only 180.00 as apposed to the 900.00 it would have been with classic Medicare, plus I have prescripton coverage with this plan, at no additional Medicare premium and they have to cover whatever Medicare covers) Its a good thing too, casue they called yesterday and I have to pay that 180.00 at the time of admission,,,if I had to come up with 900 I would have been out of luck!!! You should be getting a surgery date any day now,,huh??? Vee
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/19/05 9:37 am - Prescott, AZ
this is so terrific! You're going to be a butterfly emerging from the cocoon! Good luck! Hugs! SHeryl
Trisha
on 10/19/05 10:31 am - Glendale, AZ
Believe it, sweetie!!! These next 20 days will go by so fast and before you know it - you'll be on the losing side!! Yay!! So glad you've had a smooth ride so far. That's awesome!! So many insurance companies have patients jumping through hoops and going through many frustrations in the journey, so it's nice to hear that there are some that go smoothly with no bumps in the road. Yay!! Congrats & best wishes to you!! Trisha
Most Active