Re-post from main messageboard

Melanie B.
on 10/17/05 5:53 am - Santa Rosa, CA
I saw this post and had to share it with you. My heart breaks for her struggles. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- .......I had my surgery on 5/23/02 and initially lost 110 lbs. I have since regained 25 and see no end in sight. If I had more self control, I wouldn't have been morbidly obese to begin with. Unfortunately the surgery altered my stomach, it wasn't a lobotomy! My brain and emotions still seek food for comfort. Frankly, I do regret the surgery, because I still have the same food issues, now with even more guilt. And I have damaged my internal organs, all for one short year of wearing nice clothes. My heartbreak and self loathing are immense. Bonnie Curry, AZ ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Ariz. friends, can you rally around your neighbor and help her thru this hard time?? Maybe if someone lives nearby you can be her new 'angel' - sometimes we need them more than just pre-op!! I know you will come thru - we're all in this together!!! Huggggs, Melanie
Marilyn C.
on 10/17/05 7:41 am - Bullhead City, AZ
Hey Bonnie, I had my surgury on March 15, 2004 I have lost 145 lbs. I am fighting the last 40 lbs or so, but am very happy with what I have accomplished thus far. We all fight food issues, it never goes away, just because we have had our stomachs made smaller. This is why we were obese to begin with. It sounds to me like you need to be on anti-depresants for the first point. Second, are you taking Vitamins and if so what are you taking? Have you been to follow-up appointments with your local PCP or Surgeon? If not you need to get blood work done ASAP & find out where you are at. If your B-vitamins or Iron are lowit could be causing a lot of your self-esteem problems. You have not gone completely off the ddep end & asking for help now is better than wating till you have put back everything. You can e-mail me directly at "[email protected]" if you would like. I will help you with whatever I can. You don't have to face this alone. That is what support is all about. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Most Active