TWELVE!!!!!!

Sheryl Tilley
on 10/16/05 6:53 am - Prescott, AZ
WOW! Countdown has really started now! I am walking around on a cloud. I talk to everybody about it that will listen. My pharmacist was surprised when I picked up my diabetes meds and I told her that pretty soon I would no longer be needing them. I intend to get rid of all health problems. TWelvE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 !!!! Hugs! SHeryl
Sandy in Tucson
on 10/16/05 9:36 am - Tucson, AZ
I still take diabetic meds and I am 11 months out. My blood sugars have been normal since 9 days out from surgery. My endocrin Dr here in Tucson wants me to still take them. I tried to stop them on my own...my hungier increased...I did not loose weight that was at 8 months out. I started them again....I started loose weight again. I still take 500 mg of metformin 2 x a day. I was on 1000 mg 2 x a day and glipizide before surgery. My blood sugars were in the 300's most days before WLS surgery. So, it is not a given you will be off diabetic meds after surgery...but they should be less...Sandy in Tucson
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/16/05 11:31 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Sandy! I take 850 twice a day of metformin and my numbers stay around 120-130. Hope I don't have to stay on them for long!!!! Sheryl
sallyann
on 10/16/05 9:55 am - page, AZ
wooohoooooooo 12...kind of like the 12 days of Christmas...you will kind of be born into a new you in 12 days...I bet you are out of your mind with excitment. Im so happy for you! I think I will bring our digital camera to the abc classes and take some pix of us. YIKES!!! Im about 5-8, dark hair, dark eyes. im not sure what I will be wearing. see you soon. Sally
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/16/05 11:29 am - Prescott, AZ
hI Sally! Photos sounds great! That will be great for our 'before and afters'. I'm about 5'5", brownish red hair, hazel eyes, big mouth. hahaha! Not sure what I will be wearing either. Will be fun! See you there! Sheryl
FakeBake
on 10/17/05 12:31 am - AZ
Whoo Hooo, Sheryl! I know how i felt when the days were getting closer, excited, nervous.. And it is all worth it, that will be soooo cool if you can get off your meds! I am doing soooo great! a little over 3 weeks and I have lost 33 pounds! YAY! anyway YAYYYY for you! will be thinking of you! Best wishes Tara
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/17/05 3:02 am - Prescott, AZ
Thanks Tara! I remember how nervous you were. I'm nervous in a different kind of way -- I wish they would call me and make it sooner! i know I'm nuts! LOL!! WOW! 33 pounds already -- that is wonderful! You're doing so great. I knew you would. Hugs! Sheryl
Melissa P
on 10/17/05 2:39 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Sheryl, Yipee!!!!! I am so happy for you. Hopefully you will get off of all your medication. Only 12 days to a healthier you. It will be here before you know it. Melissa
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/17/05 3:03 am - Prescott, AZ
Thanks Melissa! I am so excited. A new me. How many people get a gift like that? I am trying to be patient but I am so hyper that I am bouncing off the walls with anticipation. It's almost MY turn!!! Hugs! SHeryl
Trisha
on 10/17/05 11:15 am - Glendale, AZ
You are too cute!! 11 days to go now!! YAY!!! Yep, you will be off your diabetes meds soon!! Some people come off them the next week some take longer, just depends! Just make sure you have dr's ok before you stop taking any meds. I am soooooooo happy for you!! Trisha
Most Active