Question about surgeons????

Sondra J. S.
on 10/15/05 6:38 pm - Show Low, AZ
Hi everyone I just have a few quick questions about surgeons from this area since we are all from Arizona and all.... I live in Show Low and am looking for a surgeon that's fairly close, say in Flagstaff or Scottsdale or somewhere close that accepts APIPA insurance. Does anyone know any GOOD surgeons that fit the bill? I would prefer Flag but would travel to Scottsdale if I have to. I need to find one so I can give the information to my PCP to give a referral to me so I can have a consultation and a checkup and all the good stuff, I am soooo wanting this surgery I can taste it....I need this surgery to sustain my life I feel.... Also, how long was everyone out with their surgeries, how long was recovery time, what was the time before going back to work, school etc.? I am a full-time student enrolled in 18 credit hours this semester and am on the student government and am very active in it. I am also a work study for one of the professors on campus. I need to know how long I need to expect to be out for, so I can work my schedule around the surgery and work everything out with the professors and everything, like take tests late, turn in homework late, etc..... Any help would be appreciated, I am very new to all of this, also is there anyone that can explain some of the surgeries to me, not in detail, but just what the difference between a lap and rny is or just what a rny is.....I have only heard of a gastric bypass and lap band. Thank all of you *****ply in advance, and I will reply as soon as I can, or should I say as soon as schedule permits Sondra I am 5'6" and 312 right now and hope to get to 135-140 after it would be nice
anna
on 10/16/05 12:49 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
hi Sonrda, I live in Prescott Valley I had my wls at Barix Clinics 17500 N.Perimeter Drive Scottsdale,AZ 85255 480/538-2900 866/218-7797 Give them a call I had the best care there and at that hospital all they do is wls no other kind.... call and talk to them they are really help full, love my Dr. nothing but good about that place.. I hope this helps good luck... Anna 229/169
anna
on 10/16/05 12:51 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
p.s. Sondra, my Dr now is Dr Schlesinger Dr Batay has left.
Andrea Q.
on 10/16/05 2:16 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hi Sondra- I'm going to Scottsdale Bariatrics - they have 3 wonderful surgeons. They are located on Shea blvd, just off the 101. Their website is Scottsdalebariatric.com. I was approved mid september, and my surgery date is October 28th. They specialize in laproscopic surgery, so I will only be out 3-4 weeks. Who ever you decide to go with, I'm sure you will do great.Good luck with your journey. Keep us posted! Andrea
Kendis R.
on 10/16/05 2:20 pm - Mesa, AZ
At the time of my surgery I had APIPA I went to Dr Simon. He he amazing. His officed helped me through all the paper work. I was approved after the first letter. Lori is great she does all the insurance stuff and really knows how to get approvals. My friend began her search for surgery a year before me and I had my surgery 3 months before her. It really matters what the office knows about approvals. I LOVED the care he gave my hubby even liked him. He was really against me getting this surgery but thought Simon was great. Best Wishes Kendis
Sondra J. S.
on 10/16/05 3:47 pm - Show Low, AZ
Kendi, Where is Dr. Simon located and do you have contact info for him? \Does anyone have any info on Dr. Juarez I was also thinking of using him
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/17/05 3:43 am - Prescott, AZ
I am with Dr. Juarez - love him to pieces. He's at 18oo (18th street) Van Buren at St. Luke's Medical Center. Phone is 602.252.1510. All his staff is very helpful and supportive. Sheryl
FakeBake
on 10/17/05 12:40 am - AZ
Sondra, My doc is Dr. Newhoff, he is partners with Dr. Simon. Dr. newhoff only does OPEN Rny, and Simon does Lap Rny.. My dr. likes the open procedure better beacuse he can go in there ans make sure every thing looks good, he said that he has found Ovarian cancer and what not, I also had my gall bladder removed, because after WLS patients seem to have problems, so I just wanted it out, that way I don't have to be reopend again! Newhoff is a great surgeon.. It took me about 2 weeks to recover, I am a little over 3 weeks now, and feel great! good luck in your search! Tara
Sondra J. S.
on 10/18/05 5:08 pm - Show Low, AZ
Thank you all for responding, I think I found the perfect surgeon for me...Dr. Berger in Flaggstaff Az. I had another OH member refer me to him and I called his office and talked to his staff, they were the most awesome people, I am going to a seminar on November 8th and giving my PCP all his info so that he can get the ball rolling on getting me approved. I thank each and every one of you for your help. I'm glad I found a Dr. in Flagg instead of having to go over the mountains to the valley to have wls. THANK ALL OF YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! Sondra
Most Active