3 Weeks -43lbs

Darlene X
on 10/13/05 8:27 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hubby just called.... he has his 2 week follow up appointment today. He was 520 the week before surgery at his pre-op testing (09/21). He lost 17lbs in the 3 days before surgery. Weighing 503lbs on surgery day (09/28). He just called me, and today he weighs 477lbs. So thats 26lbs in the 2 weeks since surgery, and a total of 43lbs since just before surgery. YAY Im so happy for him!
Melissa P
on 10/13/05 8:53 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Darlene, I am happy for him also. That is wonderful! Tell him great work and keep it up. Melissa
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/13/05 9:21 am - Prescott, AZ
WOW That's great! Strike up the band! He's doing great! Hugs! Sheryl
Marilyn C.
on 10/13/05 9:42 am - Bullhead City, AZ
Wonderful news. I new he would lose very quickly, when he started out over 500. He will continue to lose very quickly. Make sure he keeps drinking tha****er & chew, chew, chew that food. Keep us posted on his continued successes. Anymore news on your surgery? Marilyn, the Bearlady
Darlene X
on 10/14/05 10:47 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks Marilyn!!! Im going to wait till January and if WLS is still covered Im gonna go for it....
sallyann
on 10/13/05 12:36 pm - page, AZ
Thats such great news..Is he starting to feel better? is he feeling better about his decision to have WLS? Congrats..may he continue to feel better and lose more weight every day. Take care.. Sally
Darlene X
on 10/14/05 10:49 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks Sally! Yeah I think he is feeling much better nowe about his decision. He had a little depression the first few weeks, but now he can sleep on his belly, and they let him move to pureed early, so he's had a string cheese and some refried beans.... and that has made the world of difference.
Stephanie J.
on 10/14/05 3:53 am - Tucson, AZ
Don't be surprised if he dumps a hundred pounds in just the first few months. Men have really fast metabolisms by comparison to women and just peel the weight off like gangbusters that first year out. Make sure he maximizes the weight he takes off the first year and gets accustomed to really healthy high protein/ low cal choices during that time, as starting at a point of super obesity, it will be his only chance of getting to an optimum goal weight. Sounds like he's off to a great start. - Stephanie
Darlene X
on 10/14/05 10:46 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Yeah I know He hasd always been a fast loser when we've dieted.... just cant keep it off. I mean the guy lost 17lbs in 3 days before surgery! sheesh LOL
anna
on 10/15/05 2:25 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Darlene, what great news..... When I went to one of my check ups my weight was less then hubby's, who does not have a weight problem I jump for joy...lol so tell yours what a great job he is doing.... Anna 229/169
Most Active