Help! Need Divorce Atty....

Kim R.
on 10/11/05 3:06 am - Peoria, AZ
Hi everyone, I know this is not the place for this but I am desperate. I am need of a referral for a divorce attorney. Can anyone help me? I can use one in the Phoenix area or preferably in the Northwest Valley. I live in Peoria. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much! Kim R/az
Randi D.
on 10/12/05 4:26 pm - Peoria, AZ
Kim, Are there any children involved? Will the divorce be uncontested? If neither of these scenarios apply, you may be able to have a paralegal help you. I am a paralegal, but I have never done a divorce before. I know there are forms you have to file and both of you need to sit down and decide who gets what. You might also try We the People. They have offices in Mesa and in Glendale. They have paralegals there that can help you if your divorce is uncontested and there are no children involved. Randi 360/230/130
Kim R.
on 10/13/05 6:58 am - Peoria, AZ
Thank you Randi, There is a child involved and assets. I found an attorney that a friend referred me to. Thanks for you input! By the way, your doing great on your weight loss! Keep up the good work! Kim R/az
Andrea Q.
on 10/13/05 5:14 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hi Kim- Here's a few ideas... This is the web site for the arizona state bar association and you can search for an attorney by location and specialty. http://www.azbar.org/LegalResources/findlawyer.cfm Also, if your employer has an Employee Assistance Program or Lifeworks, both can provide referrals for attorneys, and may be free or discounted consultations. If you are in need of legal aid due to the high cost of a divorce attorney, there is a good resource in Phoenix, It's called the " Fresh Start Women's Foundation." www.fswf.org. This is a center only for women and they have legal aid assistance and they also have a daycare on site too. It's a beautiful facility and very clean and nice. And like the previous poster said, if there are no children and it's uncontested, you might be able to save the money for an attorney and download the forms yourself or use a paralegal- go to google.com and search for maricopa county superior court and then go to the self service area. Best wishes for you, Andrea
Kim R.
on 10/13/05 7:00 am - Peoria, AZ
Thanks Andrea, I do have a child but a friend of mine referred me to a wonderul attorney. Thanks for responding, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your information. Good luck to you and again THANK YOU! Kim R/az
Most Active