Ive hit a plateau! YIKES!!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/05 11:38 pm - Phoenix, AZ
After 14 weeks of successful weight dropping, last week I didnt drop a single pound! Could that be possible? YIKES! Its too soon to hit a plateau! Granted, I did try a few new food items, but nothing drastic. I always could stand to drink more water - who couldnt? Im walking 1-2 miles daily. What else should I be doing? I dont want to stress out - but if I can correct this so the weight can continue to drop I will be relieved. Anyone else encounter this? Thanks all! Deb
Clara W.
on 10/11/05 1:51 am - Benson, AZ
Deb, Have you taken your measurements? When you hit a plateau, that is what you should do. Sometimes your body has to catch up with your weight loss. Yes, we all reach those plateaus. I am on one right now but then I am where I want to be. To break the pleateau, you can change your exercise program, increase your protein, and increase your fluids, to mention a few things to help you get over the hump. Clara
Marilyn C.
on 10/11/05 11:41 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Debra, Do Not panic, that will be your first mistake. Your body is just catching up you are not doing anything wrong. I went through severl of thos weeks. you are not done losing. Just remember, You body is doing some thing it never did before. lose weight quickly. Once it realizes that you are still going to continue to eat the way you have been, it will start losing again. Hang in There. Go for another walk, drink another galss of water, you will be fine. I bet next week you drop 4 or 5 all at once. Marilyn, the Bearlade
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/05 11:48 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks! It was just a shock to get on the scale and not see any difference from the week before. I was really disappointed. I guess Ive gotten spoiled over the past weeks - Ive come to expect anywhere from 2-5 lbs per week and this was a shocker! Anyway, thanks for the encouraging words. Deb
Brandy H
on 10/12/05 2:54 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi Deb, i did the same thing. i am about 13 weeks out i think. i was lingering around 47, 48, 49lbs lost...then POOF i lost 8 in a week and 2 more a day or so later! 10 in 10 days. so don't worry. measurements really do help when the lbs aren't moving. brandy
bernice M.
on 10/14/05 4:58 pm - buckeye, az
It happens. I have been at the plateau for 3 weeks. But I have been walking 3-4 miles 3 times a week and I have not been drinking my protein shake in the morning. I have noticed my clothes are a little baggy, so it must be muscle I will be drinking my protein drink in the morning going forward. It's been 6 months of dropping pounds (120) and I know it will happen again. 389/269/160 GOOD LUCK AND HANG ON BECAUSE THE RIDES NOT OVER YET!!!!
Most Active