One Week Out - Update

Pamela E.
on 10/6/05 9:18 am - Buckeye, AZ
My surgery was last Wednesday afternoon at Scottsdale Bariatric (Dr. Blackstone ). Today I went back for my first week discharge appointment. She removed my bandages, examined me and said I looked fantastic! I weighed in and have lost 15 pounds my first week. The only medications I need to resume are the hormones, and migraine meds when needed. They will take a look at my cholesterol in a month when my blood tests come in. Goodbye to meds for acid reflux, swelling, and hopefully my CPAP in a few months. I'm getting really happy!!!!! Pam
diamanti1
on 10/6/05 10:10 am - Peoria, AZ
Congrats....and isn't it cool to start feeling so good?
Trisha
on 10/6/05 11:38 am - Glendale, AZ
Oh how exciting, Pam!! I was in the hospital same time you were!! I was on 3rd floor - C wing - there at Scottsdale last week. Was in there 5 days because my pancreas got infected. (Sep post about that.) Anyway, congrats on your surgery and the ba-ba-booom - 15 POUNDS gone forever!! That is AWESOME!!!!! It's amazing how many meds post-ops can go off of so shortly post-op. Makes a world of difference in our health. amazing!! Kudos, Pam!!! I'm so happy for you!! Trisha
Marilyn C.
on 10/6/05 10:32 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
& its just the beginning of great things to come. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Melissa P
on 10/7/05 12:51 am - Phoenix, AZ
WOW Pam! That is wonderful. I am glad that you are doing so well. Keep us updated on your weight loss and how you are feeling. Melissa
Andrea Q.
on 10/7/05 7:48 am - Gilbert, AZ
WOW!!! Great Job! Congrats. I know you must be very excited.. Keep posting your updates, it's encouraging! Andrea
Kathy S.
on 10/7/05 11:03 am - PHX, AZ
Hi Pam !!!! GUESS who's finding your CPAP? ME !!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited to hear you had your surgery and are doing FABULOUSLY!! Fifteen pounds some meds gone! I am thrilled for you! Thanks again for all your help and advice ..... I'm five weeks away from submitting to the insurance! Hope you continue along smoothly!
yoyomama
on 10/9/05 3:15 am - Ft.Thomas, AZ
That's wonderful news. Sounds like you will be saving a lot on prescriptions. So glad you're feeling better.
Do-over Girl
on 10/11/05 9:21 am - Tempe, AZ
Pam--what wonderful news I'll be two months out on 10/16....and it keeps getting better. My acid reflux is also gone and a number of meds. Still using my cpap but hope that will be gone by the end of the year. I'm down 45pds as of last Friday. Welcome to the losing side. I look forward to meeting you at one of Dr. Blackstone's support groups!
Most Active