Yesterday I got my pre-op lab stuff done at St. Luke's

Sheryl Tilley
on 10/5/05 9:27 am - Prescott, AZ
I got there at 10:30 - an hour early. I could have slept an extra hour!!!! I checked in at Pre-Admit by the MRI entrance. Well, they handed me the urine cup and I went in the bathroom and right away dropped the cup in the toilet. SOoo I had to get a new cup and wait to want to pee again which happened at 3:00! SECOND FLOOR: Then a lady tried to give me an arterial blood gas test --I said, "No way --I had that and I have proof!!" and I showed her my bruised wrists with the FOUR holes poked in it. She wanted to still do it and I said, "No, I know my insurance won't pay for it again." So I had the EKG and was sent on to the third floor. The guy that did the EKG was barely out of his teens and he saw my left boob and he got redder than ketchup. I have a feeling his experience with women was limited to magazines and those women have a staple in their butt. When I got home I had the PCP doc fax the ABG test stuff to Diana at Dr. Juarez's office. THIRD FLOOR: I had a chest x-ray. Then they handed me a cup of lemony crushed pop tarts tasting stuff and said, "Swallow that fast and then drink this half cup of barium." Well, the barium tastes a lot better that way but it's still funky. I almost barfed but kept it down. Then back to the first floor. (Got something to eat - I was starving!!! Had cold pizza and a diet Coke. FIRST FLOOR: I talked to Edith, the RN. Signed a LOT of papers and got really good tips from her about dealing with nurses, bowel prep, Terry Schiavo's family, etc. Got out of Edith's office at 3:30. And then the trip home - I-17. UGH. Sheryl
Darlene X
on 10/6/05 9:14 am - Maricopa, AZ
LOL Sounds like you had a fun day!!!! Remember it all worth it!!!! You didnt get to have the pizza from the cafeteria did you??? OMG they have the best pizza ive ever tasted there at St Lukes!! Mmmmmm
Trisha
on 10/6/05 12:03 pm - Glendale, AZ
I loved my pre-op testing day. Everyone was rooting for me and wishing me good luck. It was fun!! Okay, the ABT part sucked, but I only got poked once so I guess I'm lucky. Glad you didn't have to do the ABT again. Bowel prep....ugh..... It took me about 2 months post-op before I was able to speak "bowel prep" or type "bowel prep" without gagging. Ugh... not fun, but get it all down and...OMG...I thought I could talk about it but I'm getting that gagging feeling again. Ugh. 6 months out and I'm still haunted by it. Note - Mixing bowel prep with your "favorite" beverage does not help. LOL Just hold your nose and scarf that baby down. You can do it!! Go****'s getting so close. I'm so happy for you!! Yay!!! It's okay if I come and see you in hospital right? This is sooooooooo exciting!! Trisha
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/7/05 2:52 am - Prescott, AZ
oh yes, come see me!!!!! I will be so glad to finally meet you! And I promise not to say "bowel prep"! LOL! Hugs! SHeryl
Most Active