HE'S DRIVING ME CRAZY....

Darlene X
on 10/4/05 5:13 am - Maricopa, AZ
We'll, I can say we are well into the "Why did I do this to myself stage". Hubby's driving me crazy. He is 6 days post-op today, not much pain--- but not a happy camper. He cant sleep, because he never sleeps on his back. Now he is forced to sleep on his back and he is not comfortable, his back hurts, and he sleeps only a few hours at a time. He is sick of protein drinks, and me making him get his water and vitamins in...I told him prior to surgery I was going to be the protein. water & vitamin nazi! LOL I asked him yesterday if he regrets it....and his answer was yes. I have to keep reminding him this was a choice, HIS choice and no one forced it upon him. This will pass, and once he see's the scale dropping, and once he moves off the full liquid stage he will be much happier. However until then I get to bear the brunt of the grumpy man!
Ginger
on 10/4/05 5:30 am - Chandler, AZ
Oh Darlene, You poor wifey poo! It's so hard being the care giver isn't it?? I can totally relate with you at this point. 20 months ago when my son had his WLS I took care of him..he had some of the same issues as your husband and let me tell you..it does get better. You must know by now..men are the worst paitents. Just wait till he can eat more and more foods without getting sick and then you will turn into the dreaded "Food Police" that's a fun one!!! Hugs & Smiles, Virginia
diamanti1
on 10/4/05 9:55 am - Peoria, AZ
It does get easier.....not that I am a seasoned veteran....but sleeping is no longer an issue and I don't sleep on my back. Food is much nicer as well vs. the all liquid deal......I went back to work on Monday.....not quite 2 weeks post op....and it is getting easier....just remember...stay hydrated...and don't get frustrated. Best of luck, Dave
anna
on 10/5/05 2:46 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Darlene, Please tell hubby it dos get better I been threw a lot and I can say I made it !..... just take one day at a time.... my hubby was my protein nazi..lol Good luck to you both and for being there for him! Anna 229/170
Most Active