Has anyone dealt with UHC-EPO Insurance

dmwilson
on 9/15/05 12:57 am - tucson, AZ
Hi my name is Diane and I'm new to this site.I have just finished all my pre-ops,eval, testings and my consiltation with Dr. Burpee in Tucson he seems great. My question is: Has anyone dealt with UHC-EPO insurance? Dr.'s office is telling me in order to submit my paperwork I need to have at least 6 month supervised diet history that is documented. Has anyone out there with UHC get denied due to insufficent info on diet history? Please someone help? The insurance company tells me that the Dr. needs to write a letter saying that it is medically nesassary, not much about a diet history. Thxs. D.
Darlene X
on 9/15/05 1:45 am - Maricopa, AZ
Sorry Nope, we had UHC but Choice Plus--- which was amazing, were approved in 7 days. I wish you luck!
dmwilson
on 9/15/05 2:41 am - tucson, AZ
Thanks Darlene.
diamanti1
on 9/15/05 2:22 am - Peoria, AZ
I would have them submit as is...and if you are denied and they need documented diet then you can work on that for the re-submittal. I was told the same thing prior to getting submitted to insurance....and I told the Dr. office to submit...and if denied would deal with it then.....well was submitted and approved in a week without the documented diet....and my wife submitted and was approved as well... Best of luck.
dmwilson
on 9/15/05 2:40 am - tucson, AZ
Thanks David I will do just that what can it hurt ha. Thanks D.
RedBuddafly
on 9/15/05 3:23 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Diane, Generally speaking, UHC does not require the 6 mo supervised diet, however, I know for sure that State of AZ employees, and Honeywell employess do have that criteria.. which has been established by the employer, and not specifically UHC. Call UHC and ask the question.. is the surgery covered, and what doc specifically do they need to review your case? They will tell you.. Good luck! Erica
dmwilson
on 9/15/05 5:53 am - tucson, AZ
Thanks Erica, I have called UHC and they said only if it were medicaly nesessary and it need to be stated by the Dr. to the insurance. I'll try calling again and see if anything has changed. Thanks again. D.
Trisha
on 9/15/05 3:56 pm - Glendale, AZ
Print out what what your employer's policy requires for WLS, and bring that into the surgeon's office and compare it to what they have. Maybe theirs is out of date. I had Aetna and they require 6 months of dr supervised diet plan that I to endure last year. Didn't really stick to it (900 cal a day DIEt plan), but I weighed in each month jumping through the hoops. I hope it all gets worked out and all you need is a letter. Trisha -98 lbs
dmwilson
on 9/21/05 10:17 am - tucson, AZ
Thanks trisha for the info. D.
FakeBake
on 9/18/05 5:44 am - AZ
Hi, Diane We have UHC-EPO, and I didn't have to have 6 month supervised diet history. Infact my Doctors Insurance gal said that UHC, is the easiest to work with, she was sooo excited that we walked in, cuz she loves to deal with UHC! lol, I was approved in one week! infact, my surgery is the 22nd of this month! I started this whole thing back in July, so it has only been a couple of months! and already am getting my surgery! Best of luck to you! Tara
Most Active