Brand new post-op

j J.
on 9/10/05 11:12 am - peoria, AZ
Hello, to all of you on this web site. I have been following this site for abot 2 years. I have been trying to have the surgery for 3 years and was finally approved in August. I had my surgery just this past Thursday on the 8th of September and came home from the hospital today. I would love to hear from any other new post-ops or from any of you who still have the first couple of weeks fresh in your mind. My first question would be, did anyone have pain on the left side under the rib cage area? Trying to figure out if it's common, pain from the scope/camera, or anything I should be concerned with. Again, I look forward to chatting with many of you! J.Johnson
Angels4unme
on 9/10/05 2:30 pm - Roswell, NM
I'm two years out but remember the pain on the left side. That is where your biggest incesion is and where they do most of the work. Congrats on becoming a looser... Sending angels to help speed your recovery.... If you dont feel improvement or your symptoms get worse call you surgeon... God Bless Terri 303/135
Stephanie J.
on 9/10/05 3:37 pm - Tucson, AZ
Yep. Normal. Normal Normal. Different people lose that pain in different time frames. I'm about 16 months out and still have some pretty strong pains in that area, but only very occasionally. It took me about six weeks afer surgery before I could begin sleeping on that side because of the pain, but I know of others for whom the pain has all but gone away in just a few weeks. -Stephanie
mrs.3m
on 9/11/05 3:27 am - Mesa, AZ
Ditto. Not a new post op but remember the pain very well. I thought i had pulled something. Nope just a side effect of the surgery. Very normal. Congrats and welcome to the losing side. Please feel free to post all your questions. We have all been there and know what you are going through. Just know the first few weeks are the hardest. But you will get through them.
Barbara R.
on 9/11/05 10:26 am - chandler, AZ
I had the same problem with the pain in the left side. I talked to my dr about it and he said it was normal. It stopped at about 6 weeks out. I had my surgery on July 15, so it is still pretty fresh in my memory. Good luck and congratulations. Barb
j J.
on 9/11/05 2:37 pm - peoria, AZ
Thanks to those of you *****sponded to my post regarding the left side-ed pain 4 days post-op. I look forward to chatting with you in the weeks and months ahead.
Randi D.
on 9/16/05 9:48 am - Peoria, AZ
I had my surgery in January and I had the same pain for a couple of days. I think others have had the same experience. Congratulations on being on the losing side. Randi 360/241/130
Most Active