CIGNA POS

sgirl
on 9/5/05 4:24 am - tucson, AZ
DOES ANYONE HAVE CIGNA POS? I WAS WONDERING HOW THE INSURANCE DEALT WITH THE WHOLE WLS ISSUES. PLEASE HELP, I HAD A CHANGE IN INSURANCE AND TRULY NEED SOME INPUT. THANKS ALL. SALLY
Trisha
on 9/6/05 11:17 am - Glendale, AZ
I don't have Cigna, however, advice I can give you is to CALL the member services number on your membership card. (If you don't have card yet, have your HR rep give you their toll free number.) DO NOT TELL HR REP THAT YOU ARE LOOKING INTO WLS!! I've heard that some companies find out and DENY it to the insurance company before it's even submitted. (evil, evil, evil) Call Cigna, tell them your EMPLOYER NUMBER so they can look up your employer's policy and they will be able to tell you if they cover WLS or not or if there is a "written exclusion" on your employer's policy. If they DO cover WLS, have them e-mail, fax or mail you a list of what their requirements are. I have Aetna so I was able to access the "clinical policy bulletin" online that gave bullet points on what I had to do pre-op to be covered. Hope this helps! Trisha 95 pounds lost since 3/8/05 Lap RNY - Dr. Daniel Fang Phoenix WLS Support Group - pre-ops & post-ops welcome! http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS
Wendella
on 9/8/05 4:32 pm - Mesa, AZ
I had cigna. The best thing to do is to jump through every hoop they give you. It took me 15 mos. from start to finish. I am now out since May19 and down 70lbs, I never thought that I would feel so good. Just do everything they ask and DO NOT take no for an answer. Good luck If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.
Most Active