Good Sam Hospital

DacB
on 8/30/05 5:49 am - Mesa, AZ
Hello everyone, I just found out today that my doctor, Dr. Villares, has decided that he is only going to perform surgery at Good Samaritan Hospital and not St. Lukes. I've heard great things about St. Lukes, but haven't heard much on Good Sam. For those of you that had your surgery there, how was the nursing staff and the care you received? I'd like to hear the good, bad and the ugly.
Sheryl Tilley
on 8/30/05 6:26 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi! I had a hysterectomey there back in 2001 (Sept. 11th!) and everybody was great at Good Sam's except for a guy named Howard that would come around and take my diabetic blood tests. He was brutal!!! I am going to have my bariatric surtgery there too -- i figure he HAS to have been fired by now! Sheryl
Wendella
on 8/30/05 7:05 am - Mesa, AZ
I had my 1st child there 11 yrs ago and at that time they were incredible. I still have yet to be at the hospital and have such wonderful everything.
Barbara R.
on 8/31/05 2:41 pm - chandler, AZ
I had my bariatric surgery at Good Samaritan on July 15. They were great. I would highly recomment this hospital. Good luck and congratulations Barbara
FakeBake
on 9/4/05 2:29 am - AZ
I am having my surgery at Good Sam, on sept 22.. uhhg just a couple weeks away, I have heard that they are great! Good luck! Tara
nursekuba
on 9/4/05 3:39 am - Phoenix, AZ
Well, I work at Good Sam in the rehab unit and although I've never been on the bariatric floor, they seem like a great hospital and I would be happy to have it there.
GretchenL
on 9/4/05 12:29 pm - Lakeside, AZ
I had my surgery at Good Sam. They were wonderful. I would very highly recommend Good Sam to anyone. Good Luck. I know you will do great. love, Gretchen
Trisha
on 9/4/05 3:26 pm - Glendale, AZ
http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+hospital+detail+Banner+Good+Samaritan+Medical+Center+kqh.html Scroll down a bit to read patient reviews. My mom was a patient there twice in the past 3 years, and she had GREAT nursing care. Patients have it great there, but visitors don't have it so easy. LOL They do have FREE VALET parking until 7pm each day that all visitors should take advantage of and if they get there before 7pm and leave at 9pm or something, they have a COURTESY shuttle to drive visitors to their car. DO NOT PARK IN THE PARKING GARAGE. IT'S NOT FREE!! VALET PARKING IS FREE. Also, visitors can park in the outpatient center parking lot which is to the right of the entrance after business hours. Okay, so that's the parking deal. To go to the patient rooms, you have to walk about 3 miles from the entrance to the patient towers. LOL Maybe it's changed but my mom was patient there in February of this year . I just remember the walk from front door to elevators was a good trek, wear good walking shoes. LOL Then when you are discharged, my gosh, they do not take you out the front door. Nope. They take you out the back door to the discharge area. Your family member that is taking you home can pull up to valet in FRONT and tell valet that they are picking up a patient and the valet will park the vehicle in the back parking lot discharge area. There is also a valet/courtesy shuttle in the BACK to retrieve the vehicle. So no worries. But the ride from your room to the back door is about 5 miles long and down some long hallways you see in movies. LOL I'm like where are we going. I was cracking up at every turn we took because hallways kept getting longer and longer. But patient has no worries. You are riding in a wheel chair the whole time. Best wishes to you. Banner is a great hospital!! Good sam is great - cafetaria is also good for family members eating there. Trisha -95 lbs
oldpolly1
on 9/5/05 9:43 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
I had my surgery at Good Sam and they were great. Be sure to ask for a private room, if you want one. I had the roomate from HELL at first, but they moved me pretty quickly into a private. The nurses and techs were great. I would recommend them in a heartbeat! Bonnie B 272/255/215/130
DacB
on 9/6/05 2:24 am - Mesa, AZ
Wow! Thanks for all the positive feedback. I really needed the reassurance. You all are wonderful!
Most Active