Woot... getting refferal! One step closer!

Tammy D.
on 8/29/05 11:33 am - Arizona City, AZ
I'm exstatic! Dr. Flyte (my primary care doctor) has absolutely NO problems reffering me to a bariatric surgeon. He didn't have a surgeon he recommends so he asked ME for recommendations since I had done so much homework!!!! I told him Dr. Blackstone or Dr. Juarez (I think thats how they are spelled) and he said he'd get in touch with them! I know that this is such a small step but it took alot for me to not chicken out. I was a bundle of nerves once I was sitting in the room waiting for him! He told me that he was glad that I hadn't made this decision in a hurry (it's been three years in the making)... he was pleased that I had done so much research and understood what I was getting myself into as well. WOOT! Anyways just figured I would share my small accomplishment with you guys!
Do-over Girl
on 8/30/05 11:06 am - Tempe, AZ
Congrats! You might want to check and see which surgeon is covered under your insurance plan...that helps to know and also let your PCP know as well. jmf
Tammy D.
on 8/31/05 5:28 am - Arizona City, AZ
Actually my insurance is having a problem... they can't find a single covered bariatric doctor withing 150 miles of either phoenix or tuscon. I dont get it.
Trisha
on 9/4/05 3:31 pm - Glendale, AZ
Congrats! I know chickening out early on is EASY to do - I did it for about a year myself. Getting a referral is a HUGE step!! Glad your PCP is supportive of you having WLS! That helps! Dr. Blackstone & Dr. Juarez are the best in Arizona! I originally had Dr. Juarez, but switched to Dr. Fang (same practice so it's covered) because his waiting list wasn't so long - although he is AWESOME!!! Keep us posted! Congrats on accomplishing step #1!! Trisha -95 lbs
Most Active