How do you deal with this?

mrs.3m
on 8/25/05 4:01 am - Mesa, AZ
I am sitting here at work listening to ladies talk about someone who has had the surgery and is having complications. They do not know I have had it, I choose not to tell many people, but it is so hard to listen to them say all these things that are false about it. Like how most people have complications with this surgery, that it may not worth it to have it and so on. I just want to correct them on the false statements but I really value my privacy on this. Any thoughts on how to deal with it?
Shrinking F.
on 8/25/05 4:12 am - Phoenix, AZ
You can comment without saying that you had the surgery. Tell them you have a number of friends (either offline or online) that have had it and though yes, there are complications, not eveone has them. You can keep your privacy and still help educate them a bit. Hugs... Fanny
Brandy H
on 8/25/05 5:17 am - Glendale, AZ
i agree that you can say that you know MANY people who have surgery without any complications! if they want to know names....give em mine! haha! i hear people too. i was at the gym (which i am at many many times a week) and i was listening to some lady talk about how she just hates when she hears someone is having surgery and that is just the easy way out!!!! i about fell off of my treadmill! we just have to chalk it up as to ignorance on their behalf. brandy
Texas Girl
on 8/25/05 8:56 am
Unfortunately I do hear people talk about WLS failures, but I think maybe the ones who are sucsessful are so normal it doesn't get much attention... OH is full of succsess stories.. and with any serious surgery their can be complications.... I just giggle inside because I am happy I am having this surgery... It is a magnificance journey to be on and be among WLS patients... Connie Jones
Most Active