Six weeks out and doing great

Barbara R.
on 8/24/05 3:51 pm - chandler, AZ
Sorry for not updating everyone sooner. I had my surgery on July 15. Everything went well. I was in the hospital the normal 3 days. I was at Good Samaritan and they were "GREAT". I would recommend this hospital to anyone. When I got home I was a little sore but I knew I was on my way to better things so it wasn't so bad. I did run into a little bit of a problem about a week and a half ago. At first I was always sick. I could not keep anything down. Then I started to have pain around the sternum area (middle of upper chest) I went in to see Dr Fang yesterday and he scheduled an Endoscopy for this morning. He said it sounded like I had an ulcer. Low and behold he was right. I have an ulcer and a stricture. He opened up the stricture this morning and gave me medication to take care of the ulcer. I feel much better. I wanted to share this with you because you know your body the best and if your feeling not quite right. Ask your doctor. I also wanted to mention that the ulcer was not caused by the WLS. It was a result of my previous problem with severe Gastric Reflux. I to this day if someone asked me if I would do this again, I would say yes with no hesitations. I also wanted to say thank you for all of your caring words and prayers when I had my surgery. It really helped. I will try to keep everyone updated. Barb
Marilyn C.
on 8/24/05 10:03 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Hi, Thanks for your update, I am glad you are doing better. You did not say How your weight loss is coming? Youare right, however, don't wait if you don't feel right, cal your Doctor, that why they are there. It could save your life. Glad you are O.K. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Barbara R.
on 8/25/05 5:58 pm - chandler, AZ
I am doing pretty good with my weight loss. I am at about 35lbs. Thanks for asking.
Most Active