Dr. Juarez and Cigna PPO

sgirl
on 8/24/05 10:19 am - tucson, AZ
Does anyone know if Dr. Juarez takes Cigna insurance? Thanks.
lemarie22
on 8/24/05 1:55 pm - Glendale, AZ
The last I heard, Dr. Blackstone was the only surgeon approved by Cigna. That was about a year ago so things may have changed since then. Connie
sgirl
on 8/25/05 10:22 am - tucson, AZ
Thank you Connie, I hope that Dr. Juarez does accept Cigna, I would be so devastated if he doesn't. I almost want to say that if he doesn't I will self-pay, but that could be pretty expensive. Thank you, let me know if you hear anything more on this. sally
Wendella
on 8/24/05 3:51 pm - Mesa, AZ
I think Connie is right, Dr. Kieran is in her group and is AWSOME! Can not say enough good things.
sgirl
on 8/25/05 10:24 am - tucson, AZ
Thank you Wendy, I don't think that I have ever heard of Dr. Kieran before. Is he new to Dr. Blackstones practice? I was hoping so much that Dr. Juarez would be my doctor, I really trust him. Thanks again. sally
Stephanie J.
on 8/25/05 2:43 am - Tucson, AZ
I don't know if it continues or if it applies to the PPO, but people used to have a really hard time getting wls coverage through Cigna. The Yahoo website below was set up to help people navigate the Cigna mess. You can probably get up to date info on all aspects of Cigna coverage there. Hope it helps. - Stephanie J http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Cignassqueakywheels
sgirl
on 8/25/05 10:31 am - tucson, AZ
Stephanie, Thanks, I'm not sure if I ever recall reading anything here on the message boards about Cigna and Dr. Juarez. Thanks sally
Wendella
on 8/25/05 1:24 pm - Mesa, AZ
I am not sure how new she is but she is awsome. I was a little leary b/c I never heard of her either but took a leap of faith and have nothing bas to say about her. She is incredibly sweet and caring. I had to call her at night after being home a couple of days and she was as nice as could be and willing to help. I can not say that about many other Doc's. If you have any other questions e-mail me. I'll be happy to answer them.
desert rat
on 8/25/05 2:16 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Cigna no longer contracts with Dr. Juarez. Dr. Juarez had the contract when I first tried to get approval but they changed. They now go with Scottsdale Bariatric Center (SBC) only. SBC includes Dr. Blackstone, Dr. Kieren and Dr Koler. All 3 doctors are women and all 3 are wonderfully caring, knowledgable and in the case of Dr. Blackstone, highly experienced. I never met Dr Juarez so I cannot compare him to them but I have met and dealt with all 3 of the surgeons at SBC and would recommend any one of them to any body. Dr Blackstone did my surgey with Dr Koler assisting. My follow-up appointments have all been with Dr Koler. I just can't say enough about either one of these ladies. I trusted them with my life and would do so again in a heart beat. If you have never been to SBC, go to one of the seminars and see what you think. You may be surprised. You've got nothing to lose. If you don't like it there, you can alway self-pay later. Best of luck on what ever you decide. Always go with what feels right! Dj
Most Active