Protein Powders

DacB
on 8/17/05 12:42 am - Mesa, AZ
I'm hoping to get some feedback about your favorite protein powders and ideas on how to use them. I've tried the Designer Whey product, but am wondering what other suggestions you have and where you got the products. I wanted to try as many now to get in the routine so it's easier after surgery. Thank you!!!
Brandy H
on 8/17/05 2:20 pm - Glendale, AZ
hi dac, i don't know why no one else has responded. i also use the designer whey protein powders in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. i use all three in different ways in different things. sometimes i use a half of scoop or so in a pudding or in my yogurt just for a boost of protein. and most mornings i make a little shake to get me going in the hectic mornings. one thing that is a nice healthy little treat for me is to take a sugar free popsicle (i prefer orange) and cut it off of the stick and put a scoop of vanilla protein into a blender together and it tastes like a 50/50 slushy! i also like to use a no sugar strawberry sorbet with a scoop of the strawberry protein and some strawberry yogurt and blend in the blender with some ice and it makes a nice cool smoothie. depending on your hospital ( mine was st. lukes) they gave me a recipe book for protein treats. hepe ths give you at least a couple of ideas. oh the other day i made a smoothie with a banana and a scoop of strawberry protein and some ice and a little milk. it was a little sweet but really good! brandy
Michele M.
on 8/17/05 5:58 pm - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
My favorite is Anywhey Virtually Tasteless Protein Powder. I sneak it into a lot of stuff. But sugar free chocolate pudding is my favorite. It also makes great shakes, and since it's tasteless you can make any kind of shake you want out of it. My favorite is: 4 ice cubes 2-4 oz of carb countdown chocolate milk 1 envelope of sugar free carnation instant breakfast (chocolate) splash of cold coffee to taste 2 scoops of Anywhey powder Throw it all in the blender. Careful not to overblend or it gets too much air whipped into it. If that happens pour it into a glass and tap it on the counter a few times to get the air to come to the surface, and then stick it in the freezer for a few minutes. (works for me!) Michele
Marilyn C.
on 8/17/05 9:05 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Hi, Everyones taste differs on this subject, but, I prefer Champion Whey Chocolate & or Vanilla the best. it tastes great & mixes easy. You can usually get samples from these companies out there (on-line) so you don't have to buy a big can of something you don't like. I don't like the fruit nectors, but some people swear by them. So you just have to try them & see what works for you. Vitalady.com will send samples & so will the Necter people. To get free samples of the Nectar stuff go to (www.s103.com) put in your address and i about 3 days you will have free samples. Hope this helps. Marilyn, the Bearlady
DacB
on 8/17/05 11:33 pm - Mesa, AZ
OOOOhhhh I love the 50/50 idea and the coffee ideas and I'll get some samples! I'm having my surgery at St. Lukes and I just got my date for 10/10/05 so I'll be sure to look forward to the recipe book. Thanks for the all ideas and suggestions!!! Dac
Sandy in Tucson
on 8/18/05 4:35 am - Tucson, AZ
I use Unjury protein...only bought from Unjury. It is not cheap, but the best on the market. www.unjury.com I also drink Isopure in the bittle....at $3.00 a bottle. Sandy in Tucson 127 lbs down
Marilyn C.
on 8/21/05 9:39 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Just remember if you are adding a lot of stuff to your protien you are also adding calories & might stop losing weight. Especially after your honeymoon period ends. Those of you that are still new at this might be forgetting that. Just a little foot note to what I pisted the other day. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Barbara R.
on 8/24/05 3:34 pm - chandler, AZ
I too have been using the normal 3 flavors, vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. They can get a little boring. I blend bananas or add ice to make them like a smoothie it really helps. I found a couple of new flavors the other day at High Health at the Chandler Fashion Mall; one was orange creamsicle and the other is banana split. It is a nice change. The brand is X-rated. Hope this helps. Barbara Rosenberg
Most Active