All done and home! ! ! !

Donna P.
on 8/14/05 11:56 pm - Taylor, AZ
Got home yesterday afternoon. All went well and I feel good to great. Sleeping last night was different, will practice today to figure the best way to lay. But other that that, all is great, no nausea, low pain. Thank you all for your prayers and support. Couldn't have done it without you all. Well got to go and put up all my junk I took to hospital and never used. Will be keeping everyone informed on progress. If any one has any thing I need to know or do to keep going. let me know. Love you all, Donna
Ginger
on 8/16/05 12:06 am - Chandler, AZ
Donna, Congradulations on your surgery! What a relief, the scary part is over. My son had wls in Feb 2004. I worried so much and read every book about wls that I could get a hold of. Like you, he came out of surgery without a hitch---he had surgery on a Friday morning and started back to ASU Monday A.M ! Now it's momma's turn--I have Dr Fang. How did you like St. Luke's? Have a great day on the losing side Donna. Virginia
Donna P.
on 8/16/05 4:26 am - Taylor, AZ
Virginia, St Lukes Was Great. It took about 2 hours longer to start the surgery. But things come up that cant be changed. The sixth floor was very kind and they took great care of me. Your sugury will go well. When is your sugery? Please keep me informed..Is your sugery open or lap? Im praying yours is lap!!!! Donna
Ginger
on 8/16/05 6:17 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Donna, Glad St. Luke's was good to you. Sorry you had to wait a little longer to start It's hard to wait..especially in a hospital. I don't have a surgery date yet...I haven't even been approved. There was a mix-up and found out that my ins.co. required the 6-month diet. I can turn in my paperwork again in October. We'll see how that goes. I'm hoping sometime before Thanksgiving. I always thought that right before the holidays is the crappiest timing anyone could have for wls...and then, here I go. Dr. Fang is hoping for lap...but open is still the option. I'm hoping for the lap too. Take care *Virginia
cynthia E.
on 8/16/05 1:22 am - buckeye, AZ
Donna; Congratulations! You are on the other side now. The only advise I can give you right now right after surgery is try to get all your liquids in, walk as much as you can, and get some rest. Glad to hear the pain is not bad. I was the same way. I was so grateful. I never took the pain meds but if you need them, take them. Keep us posted. Hope this helps some. Cynthia
Brandy H
on 8/16/05 1:53 am - Glendale, AZ
congratulations! you will be a loser soon! glad to hear everything went well. keep us posted. brandy
Donna P.
on 8/16/05 4:18 am - Taylor, AZ
Just a short update and thanks for the all the support. Taking meds only to go to bed and first thing in the morn and just half of what is perscribed. Yes, how do you fit in liquids, protein drinks and food. Not hungrey for food but some of the tv advertisments are VERY unkind??? I have an appointment for Friday to get the drain tube removed Oh BOY!!! I have been so blessed with this all going so well. I will go to work tomorrow to get payroll finished it will be nice to get out and go some where. Thanks for your posts and if you have any words of advise please, please, please give them to me. Donna
Donna P.
on 8/16/05 4:18 am - Taylor, AZ
Just a short update and thanks for the all the support. Taking meds only to go to bed and first thing in the morn and just half of what is perscribed. Yes, how do you fit in liquids, protein drinks and food. Not hungrey for food but some of the tv advertisments are VERY unkind??? I have an appointment for Friday to get the drain tube removed Oh BOY!!! I have been so blessed with this all going so well. I will go to work tomorrow to get payroll finished it will be nice to get out and go some where. Thanks for your posts and if you have any words of advise please, please, please give them to me. Donna
Most Active