I'm really upset!!!!!!

Sheryl Tilley
on 8/1/05 5:12 pm - Prescott, AZ
I knew it was too good to be true. I got through the psych exam just fine -- she said I passed. BUT -------- instead of submitting her paperwork to Dr. Juarez's office, she is submitting it by itself to the insurance company which means I will be rejected for 'lack of information' as none of my other documentation will be with it! I already talked to Angelia at Dr. Juarez's office and the insurance company as well as calling the psych back and talking to her office people. The psychiatrist's stand is 'that is how it is to be done according to their contract with the insurance company'. This sets me back in my journey several months. I may as well say forget it. SHeryl
Clara W.
on 8/1/05 6:40 pm - Benson, AZ
Sheryl, Never give up. I had so many roadblocks as I was seeking this surgery. One major one happened and I said "Lord if this is your desire that I not have the surgery, I can live with that and my life is over in 2 years. I am ready, I am leaving things in your hands!" Two weeks later I was approved. There are times we cannot understand why things happen, but it makes us a stronger person in the long run. When my surgery date came around I was at peace and knew that it was the day that the Lord wanted me to have. Think positive and do your best to be prepared with all the informaiton that you can digest. Clara
Darlene X
on 8/1/05 11:27 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Im sorry! Im sure things will work out. Thats why we decided to use as many medical people from St Lukes..... Barbara Maxwell, theiur Cardiac doctors etc cause we figured they work with Dr Fang all the time so would know what they are doing.
Ginger
on 8/2/05 1:42 am - Chandler, AZ
Sheryl, Don't give up! You are gonna get approved! My psy. told me that I passed the eval...it took forever for him to finish everything up. He told me that the company that evaluated that stupid test didn't believe it was an accurate test because I did so well and completed it so quickly. I don't know about that but, My psy wrote a wonderful evaluation. He handed me a red letter stamped ORIGINAL and a red letter stamped COPY for my records. He had me hand deliver it to Dr. Fang's office. Your psy must feel the confidentuality could be compromised if you delivered it...I don't understand these things..I still have ins problems and delays too but...don't quit! that is exactly what "they" (ins. co) wants us to do! Hang in there Sheryl !
Sheryl Tilley
on 8/3/05 1:24 pm - Prescott, AZ
hI Darlene! Thanks for the response. I did try to get Dr. Maxwell but the insurance said they didn't work with her. So they gave me Dr. Doumani, who I must say is really wonderful but doesn't send the letter to your surgeon. Sheryl
Trisha
on 8/2/05 5:24 am - Glendale, AZ
Oh brother. What is with some people? She should know that everything needs to be submitted together. Okay, don't panic. Have your pscyhologist send a COPY of her recommendation to his office - that is free and normal - you might have to sign a medical release form for her to do it and reason for copies is "ongoing medical care" and have it sent right to Dr. Jaurez's office. So your insurance company may receive it al a carte from the psych, but then your surgeon's office will send it all together. It'll be okay. Just call insurance and have them document that the rest of the documents for precertification are coming from surgeon soon and to not make a judgement based on the psych documents alone. Wait for them all to come in. Keep us posted. It'll be okay. I know it. Trisha
Sheryl Tilley
on 8/3/05 1:25 pm - Prescott, AZ
Thanks Trisha! Good idea -- I'll try that. Sheryl
cynthia E.
on 8/2/05 6:04 am - buckeye, AZ
Sheryl; Please don't give up! Keep on top of the Psyc doctor. Make sure they do submit it to the insurance and a copy to Dr. Juarez office. If they refuse to send Dr. Juarez a copy then request a copy for yourself and you send it or drop it off with Angelia. Angelia is used to all kinds of loop holes with insurances and doctors. She can figure something out I am sure. We all have been through so many different road blocks. If you really want the surgery and you believe it will help you live a happier and healthier life. Don't give up! We all are here for you! Cynthia
Sheryl Tilley
on 8/4/05 2:52 pm - Prescott, AZ
Thanks Cynthia! I feel a lot better today now that some possible solutions have been presented. I was very unnerved by it the last few days but am doing ok now. Hugs! Sheryl
Trisha
on 8/8/05 5:17 am - Glendale, AZ
Just following up with you. How are things progressing? Trisha
Most Active