NEW:So Cal Therapeutic Support Groups for Pre and Post Op patients

Dr.Marcy
on 8/1/05 1:32 pm - LOS ANGELES, CA
Hello Southern California "Losers and Almost Losers" I am a successful weight loss surgery patient (profile MARCYROSE) and also a Psycholocical Assistant working in a private practice in Torrance, CA. I have lost 230 pounds through RNY surgery (10/16/03). I feel uniquely qualified to facilitate support groups and individual therapy for bariatric patients. I will be setting up some new support groups for Pre and Post Op Weight Loss Surgery patients. Focus will be on core ssues of weight gain, coping with weight loss surgery (after effects, fear etc), family/couple issues, grief issues and all the other psychological issues that come from being morbidly obese and deciding to have weight loss surgery. There are so few groups of this nature by persons who have been through bariatric surgery. I really wanted to give back to our community. Special guests will be invited to speak, as well as members of the group. Please let me know if any of you are interested in attending a group(s) like the ones mentioned above. I also conduct Psychological Assessment prior to surgery for insurance/surgical purposes. Most insurance is accepted and private sessions are also available. Sliding scales for those who need it will be decided on a patient by patient bases. The most important thing to me is that our community gets served and supported in their time of need. Please contact me by e-mail- [email protected] I will e-mail the office phone number to those who are interested. Depending on the needs of the group meetings may be on weeknights or Saturdays. Happy Losing and have a great week!!!!! oxoxox Dr. Marcy Rosenzweig Leavitt
Dr.Marcy
on 8/1/05 2:51 pm - LOS ANGELES, CA
SORRY...DISREGARD. I GOT THE WRONG BOARD!!! OXOXOXO
Most Active