Just a little help!

Jennifer M.
on 8/1/05 9:13 am - chandler, AZ
I was just wondering if I could get a few ideas on what I need to eat. I seem to be a little lost on what people eat? Is there a certain diet that most wl patients follow or is it a protein first then veggies? I have lost 25 pounds in 8 weeks, but I feel like this is slow. I don't know what to do. Please Help. Jennifer
Sandy in Tucson
on 8/1/05 12:24 pm - Tucson, AZ
Either your eating to many calories or not moving enough. The surgery is a tool...we got to count calories and we got to excersie to loose. Sandy in Tucson 120 lbs down
cynthia E.
on 8/2/05 6:09 am - buckeye, AZ
Jennifer; I didn't have the lap band. I had the RNY. I was told for either type of surgery. Protein is always first, then carbs, & then fruits and veggies. Make sure to get all your liquids in to flush out your system. Don't be to hard on yourself. 25 lbs is a lot of weight. Eating right and exercising are harder then one might think. Maybe step up your exercise a notch. That will kick your metoblism in to gear. Hope this helps. Cynthia
Trisha
on 8/2/05 6:59 am - Glendale, AZ
You are a patient of Dr. Simpson? He or someone in his office should have given you a nutrition plan and list of things to eat. Every surgeon is a bit different with patients nationwide and even here in Phoenix. So go by what your surgeon wants you to do. But yes, protein first then veggies. Contact Kath at Dr. Simpson's office for more direction. I know that he has an eating plan and list of foods for his patients. That will help you most definitely! Hang in there. I have heard that Lap-band patients lose slower than RNY, but it's still good!! 25 lbs lost is awesome! Give yourself a pat on the back girlfriend! Also, did you know that ObesityHelp has a Lap-Band forum?? They could probably help you as well if you have any questions related to lap-bands etc. Here's the link - http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/surgtype-forums/LapBand/posts.html Trisha
Jennifer M.
on 8/3/05 4:08 am - chandler, AZ
Thanks for all the little advice. I am not down on myself, this is the first month in years that I didn't gain. Yeah for me. I just needed a few words of advice, thanks for all those words. Jennifer
Most Active