Off Track

amitto1
on 7/27/05 8:54 am - Birmingham, MI
Hi my name is Anita, I am a little over 4 and 1/2 months out from surgery, I was in a depression for the last month, coming around now and feeling much better but got off track with my exercise, I have lost 70 lbs so far and have 30 more to go, but I just cannot seem to get motivated to go back to curves. I need some support in that area, can anyone help me?
Trisha
on 7/27/05 9:17 am - Glendale, AZ
Hey, Anita!! Nice to see you! We had our surgery on the same day, and I think it's common around the 4th month to dip into a funk. This has been a very tough month for me as well. My weight loss was stalled for about 3 weeks this month, and I was very fatigued and un-motivated. Reaching out for support (online and face-to-face) really helped. I talked with my surgeon on Friday about everything going on this month, and he said that by now I should be doing more than walking. I should be incorporating strength/weight training in my cardio workout by now. I haven't been doing that. I have a Curves right down the street from where I live, and am checking into that, plus Naturally Women, LA Fitness and YMCA since those are close to me as well. Motivation has to come from within. You know that exercising will benefit you emotionally and psychically. The hardest part is putting the shoes on. Don't make exercise an "option". Make it mandatory 5 days a week to go to Curves. You are paying for membership there - might as well get your money's worth, ya know? I know it's hot out here, and it's hard to be motivated to do anything, but you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to. So go, go, go!!! Congrats on your 70 lbs so far!! That is awesome. You are almost there! Just know that are you not alone! We are here for you. Glad you posted. Trisha -89 lbs
amitto1
on 7/28/05 9:07 am - Birmingham, MI
Hi trisha, we have met I came to the first meeting you host. I got off track with my meetins as well and need to know when the next one is so I can come. I forget that I need support to get thru this. I am going back to curves on Monday. I walk everyday with my little beagle but that does not seem like exercise. Thanks for the response, Trisha...
desert rat
on 7/27/05 12:35 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Hi Anita, I'm brand new to this journey and will be going back to Curves next week when I return to work (I hope). I go to the one in downtown Phoenix because it's convienent to work. Where in Phoenix are you? Find yourself a buddy who will nag you to go to Curves everyday. Or find something else to do when you don't want the same old thing. Try a bike ride or roller skates/blades. Join the WLS social group on Yahoo and go dancing! Try lots of things until you find something you like, then if you only go to Curves 2 or 3 times a week, you'll still be exercising. Congratulations on your weight loss and hang in there, everything gets better! Dj
Stephanie J.
on 7/28/05 3:17 pm - Tucson, AZ
Yep. A period of depression is very normal a few months out. Fat cells hold all kinds of hormones and you've just spilled out many pounds of them into your system with the rapid weight loss. Anyone that doesn't feel some hormonal instability during that time is an anomoly. Be sure and drink plenty of water. It helps cleanse your body as well as keeping you hydrated. You should be drinking at least 64 ounces a day and probably even more this time of the year. You're right on the verge of entering into the honeymoon phase. Where people are just ga ga at how great you look and you feel every bit of it. Hang in there. It just gets better from here. - Stephanie J
amitto1
on 7/29/05 11:22 am - Birmingham, MI
hi Stephanie, thanks for the support, I really appreciate what you said, no one has told me that before, but I am starting to feel better and plan on starting back to exercising on Monday August 1st. I figured I would start the month off right. Hope you are doin well on your journey as well. Thanks again...Anita
Marilyn C.
on 7/31/05 10:36 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Hi Anita, My name is Marilyn or Bearlady and I am 1 yr & 1/2 out. You are still new at this & your body is catching up with the rapid weight loss. Drink drink drink more water If it's no****er try crystal lite or something that keeps liquid in you. If you continue to be depressed make sure you ask for help. in this journey depression is a big problem for a lot of us. We have a new tool to use, but, it does not make all of our problem go away, so most of us are on some kind of anti-depressant. Don't let it go if you feel its getting worse. You are not crazy, Just might need a little help in getting past the depression issue. Hang in There you have done fantastic & I know you will get back to the exercising & do just fine. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Most Active