Dr. Villares,,,,,anyone????

VeeKay
on 7/26/05 8:18 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
I am in the process of switching my insurance to Medicare from my husbands employer sponsered United plan, becasue of the "exclusion". I have been advised that Medicare DOES cover this procedure. So anyway, what my question is,,,,,is,,,,I have picked a surgeon, a Dr Villares with Central Surgeons. I have a seminar on 8-9-05. I was wondering if I could get any input on this doctor, if anyone has used him. I want this surgery so bad, but at the same time I want to make sure I have a quality surgeon,,,I have 3 kids and a hubby of 20 years to live for. Also does anyone know if there is a way to check not so much the doctors credentials, but their "sucess" rate with their surgeries,,,and their "complications" rate as well.....I am scared to death of complications....and who isn't,,,but it would be nice to be able to check out those stats,,,if they were available. thanks Vee
desert rat
on 7/26/05 3:17 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Hi Vee, Since no one has answered you and I know Fran Baseden would if she could, I'll jump in here for her. She just had her surgery today and will probably be off the boards for a week or so. If you look down this message list you will see a post from her about the Metro group. Just respond to her message and ask her any questions you have. She's such a great lady and will be happy to answer any of your question when she can. She speaks very highly of Dr Villares and she says he's a really hottie! Don't ask me, I've never met him. Best of luck getting approved. It wasn't easy for me but with persistance and perseverance, I was finally successful. Don't give up! Dj
VeeKay
on 7/26/05 5:31 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
Thanks for the input,,,I will definatly keep an eye out for her, it seems like alot of people use doctors other then mine,,,so i was getting a wee bit worried. I hope her surgery went well. From what I can gather, I don't think I am going to have a big problem with Mediare,,,,I am getting Mediare Advantage thru Humana, and I called them today, and they told me there were NO EXCLUSIONS,,,and if medicare covered it, so did they (and from the info I have gotten, I understand it to be that Medicare covers it... at least thats what I read on the medicare web site),,,i guess its just gonna be a matter of dotting the I's and crossing the T's........I have no intention of giving up,,,Im gonna get this done. thanks again for the info...i really appreciate it. Vee
Lisa L.
on 7/27/05 5:03 am - phoenix, Az
Hi Vee, I had my surgery 1 week ago and I had Dr. Villares. I have been out and about and I have already started exercising at Curves! He is a great surgeon. I was very happy to have chosen him. He will answer any questions you have. Please email me if I can help you in anyway. You will in very good hands with him . Lisa [email protected]
VeeKay
on 7/27/05 6:16 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Lisa I am so glad,,,and relieved to hear from you. It seemed to me that no one here had used this doctor. I am so happy for you that you are doing so well,,,I hope to do the same. Now if I can just find someone who had medicare to let me know what kind of hoops they had to jump thru to get their surgery done, I would be a happy camper...LOL HINT HINT!!! If you get a chance, I would really appreciate some infomation as to the "process" you had to go thru with this doctor,,,weather you had to Pre diet, and take pre operative "preparations" if you know what I mean,,,and post op,,what his take on eating is,,,is it just liquids, or does he let you have soft foods soon??? Sorry to be so many questions... Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. thanks again Vee
Trisha
on 7/27/05 9:43 am - Glendale, AZ
I've met five patients of Dr. Villares and all are doing great!! The first I met while I was in the hospital with my surgery (Dr. Fang) and she praised Dr. Villares. Shannon S had surgery with Dr. Villares in Dec 04 and has had no complications. You can e-mail her at [email protected]. I met two other patients of Dr. Villares online, and most recently, I met Fran B who just had surgery YESTERDAY with him and is doing good. Dr. Villares has a great reputation here! Do not worry about complications. When someone is morbidly obese, EVERYTHING is risky when it comes to surgeries. Just make sure you follow your dr's orders, walk a lot post-op and you will not have complications. Here's Dr. Villares' website - http://www.obesurg.com/team.htm. Also at http://www.bariatric-surgery.info/clinics/gastric-bypass-arizona.htm. He is not registered with ObesityHelp.com yet as a bariatric surgeon. Please write to him through ObesityHelp.com to register - http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/Alexander+Villares+pkq+nonsponsor.html. Zahn is listed - his partner, but not Villares. Glad you posted, Vee. Dr. Villares has a great reputation and you are in good hands as his patient!! Trisha -89 lbs
VeeKay
on 7/27/05 12:40 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
Trisha Thank you so much for your post, I feel better knowing that someone else has the same doctor!! LOL I will check out the links,,,as well as the names you gave me, Congrats on your awesome loss so far Vee
mfergusont
on 7/30/05 9:51 am
I had surgery on June 21st with Dr. Villares. In my opinion, he is a great doctor! I loved him, he answered all my questions, he was very caring, he has great bedside manner. If you go to my profile you can read the review I gave him. He definetly knows his stuff, he is very skilled and intelligent! I would trust him totally! If you want to know more information about his statistics, just ask him. He will tell you no problem. They are MUCH lower than the nat'l average!! And he is a hottie, for sure! If you have any questions, you can email me at [email protected] Tiffany
mfergusont
on 7/30/05 9:54 am
I forgot to mention that I am doing great, I didn't have any complications, and my incisions are healing up nicely. They are smaller than I had expected, (I had laparoscopic) only 1 of them is 1", the others are all 1/4".
mombear
on 8/25/05 11:35 pm - Green Valley(5/24/05 Lap RnY), AZ
Vee - I am going to e-mail you as well as post this and hope that you receive it. Dr. Villares was my surgeon. I had RnY on 5/24. I cannot say enough good things about him. Dr. Villares answered every one of my questions and all of my husband's questions as well. He was wonderfully attentive. I recommend him to everyone who asks. You will not regret having chosen him. Mom Bear
Most Active