More waiting....

Darlene X
on 7/26/05 1:02 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yesterday was what we thought would be the last appt so we could submit the request to insurance...... BUT..... Well its going to be a little longer than we though *sigh*. The cardiologist did an EKG, everything is fine. I mean he is only 30, he shouldnt be having any heart issues right now, EXCEPT his blood pressure was high. Now normally hubby doesnt have high blood pressure, but yesterday work was abnormally stressful and busy for him, and he went to the doctors appt after an awful day.... so the cardiologist wants him to come back in 2-3 weeks for another blood pressure test, plus Hubby is carrying about 20lbs water weight. Well duh, we havent exactly been eating the best right now, and he has been eating a lot of salt. So we are going to do the South Beach Diet Phase 1 (Induction Phase). That should get rid of the water weight, hubby normally loses about 20-30lbs of water weight in those first 2 weeks. I got a little upset, cause this is just another delay, this is stressing me out. The cardiologist agreed he needs the surgery, but wants to make sure he's not going to have a heart attack on the table... so I guess the intentions are good.... just more waiting!!
Trisha
on 7/27/05 9:49 am - Glendale, AZ
Next time if blood pressure is high, have them take it again after about 2-3 minutes. I know that my BP rises after walking from waiting room to scale then to exam room. I ask the nurse to wait a minute before taking BP and that's usually when they get my temp, list of current meds, why I am there, etc. Also, an EKG is NOT a cardiac clearance. A cardiac clearance consists of a stress test - either on a treadmill or through an IV (adenosine). That is at least what my surgeon required for a cardiac clearance and my surgeon was Dr. Fang. So double check and make sure that your husband doesn't need a stress-test. An EKG only shows if he's already had a heart attack or stroke. The stress test shows if he is likely to have one during surgery. (or something like that) Be patient. Everything happens for a reason. I know it seems to take FOREVER for all the pre-op stuff and getting the surgery date, but before you know it, surgery date will be here!! So hang in there! Keep us posted on your husband! Trisha -89 lbs
Darlene X
on 7/28/05 3:48 am - Maricopa, AZ
We are going through Dr Fang--- he is using the Cardiologist at St Lukes that Dr Fangs office reccomended... so I would assume they know what they were doing????. They never did a stress test on him. He is going for a sonomgram on Friday though. Maybe age comes into play with what is necesarry?
Darlene X
on 8/1/05 11:30 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Oh turns out a stress test is not part of what our insurance needs as approval for cardiac. It wasnt Dr Fangs requirements, it seems it was probably your insurance requirements.
Most Active