1st Year Thrift Shops Are It!

Stephanie J.
on 7/23/05 4:18 am - Tucson, AZ
To those of you who are recently post-op, I highly recommend shopping at thrift shops for your first year out. It's an easy way to replenish the tons of clothes you'll be throwing away for a relatively small amount of money and really comes in handy because you'll be getting rid of those clothes too soon enough. I didn't buy more than a few new things that I just fell in love with until I was a year out and started to stabilize at my goal weight. I also recommend thrift shops for all those 3/4 length sleeved blouses and capris that do such a good job of covering the left over skin. I have a huge selection of light weight summer blouses that look great on me and got them at reasonable prices. - Stephanie J
Trisha
on 7/24/05 6:13 am - Glendale, AZ
I totally agree with you!! Thrift shops and clothing exchanges are great for us going down sizes. No reason to pay full price for something you'll only wear a few months as you are losing weight. I've found some awesome items at thrift stores and clothing exchanges. They look so new - no one would ever think it was from a 2nd hand store or part of a clothing exchange. Wait and spend the big $$$ on your clothes when you are at/near goal and will wear those clothes for a long time. Good post. Thanks! Trisha
Most Active