consignment shops

oldpolly1
on 7/21/05 11:23 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
OK, in my time off after surgery, I'm going through my closets and getting rid of my winter things I won't use again. There's lots I'm giving to Goodwill, but I have alot of really nice things, formal clothes, a long black leather coat, etc that I'd like to send to consignment. Any advice about good, reputable places in the east valley? The last time I took stuff to one, they went out of business and I never heard from them again......... I know I could put them on the clothing exchange here, but that's kind of a hassle. Bonnie B
Sandy in Tucson
on 7/21/05 11:58 pm - Tucson, AZ
I am 118 lbs down and i still wear some of the things that I loved pre-op. I would hold on to the best stuff.....you might get some use out of it. Yes, they are loose....but I like loose now. When I was young things had to be tight. This is my opinion. Sandy 340/222/150
mrs.3m
on 7/22/05 1:06 am - Mesa, AZ
Bonnie, What I did with some of my pretty dresses was take them to a tailor and have them altered. I had a few that I had only worn once or twice and didn't want to give them away yet. So for $10.00 ea., she took them in. And they fit great (for about 2 months). At least I got to wear them again. I think I am almost ready to part with them. So this is an idea. I don't know anything about consignment shops though, I am new to AZ.
Brandy H
on 7/22/05 1:44 am - Glendale, AZ
HI Bonnie I take my stuff and my daughters stuff that she grows out of to a place called "other mothers" they are a resale shop for womens and childrens clothing. they don't give you a lot of cash but they do a trade, so you get credit and can buy smaller sizes. their clothing is very inexpensive and i have gotten some cute things there. also, there is a place called "my sisters closet" i have never used that place but my aunt does all the time and she has some nice clothes. i think that is more of a true consignment type store. and the other one that has been around FOREVER is buffalo exchange. they are kinda picky and they want fashionable clothes but they do take mens, womens, and childrens clothes and they do either cash or credit also. (at all places you get more if you trade vs. want cash) hope this helps. the other name that i can think of is "twice as nice" but i don't know much about them. hope this helps. brandy
oldpolly1
on 7/22/05 11:23 pm - Gold Canyon, AZ
Thanks for the advice, you guys! I don't think that I'm going to have many more formal events in the next 6 months to use the pretty dresses that I have, so I probably won't get anything tailored, but that really is a great idea. I will try to find the shops you mentioned, Brandy! Thanks again all! Bonnie B 265/238/130
cindy
on 7/23/05 3:05 am - Mesa, az
I used Goodwill like crazy when I was losing my weight, also the Scottsdale Healthcare Aux Thift Shop, it is ran by the volunteers at Scottsdale Healthcare, so the money they raise at the Thift Shop goes back into the hospital, donated by the volunteers. The Scottsdale Healthcare Thift Shop is off of the 101 and McDonald exit. Go two signals and the Thift Shop is on your left. Cindy Smith Scottsdale Healthcare Volunteer - Dr Blackstones Bariatric Education Classes Open RNY 8-6-03 w/Dr Zahn -186 lbs BR 8-6-04 w/Dr Wiener TT w/hernia repair 2-7-05 w/Dr Wiener AL scheduled 9-8-05 w/Dr Wiener
Trisha
on 7/24/05 6:45 am - Glendale, AZ
I have some really pretty dresses myself that I don't want to give away because I just love them. So I plan on having them tailored as I go down. I don't know much about east valley consignment shops. There's a place at 20th St. Camelback called My Sister's Closet and they sell very nice clothing, name brands and formal-wear. You could check them out. You could also do ebay and have people fighing over your clothes online! And buyer pays not only for item, but also for shipping so it's a win-win situation for you. Trisha
Most Active