HeLL

devotchka
on 7/20/05 11:54 pm - tucson, AZ
I don't normally post much,but I must vent.My P.C.P.(of 2 years),quit contracting with my insurance this year and I finally just got in to see my new P.C.P.and she pretty much said I could be trying harder to lose weight after she told me I was diabetic and have high blood pressure!!!-She needs to be smashed!-Okay,I'm done,Thank You very much!-
oldpolly1
on 7/21/05 12:03 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
Try a new PCP. one recommended by someone else there who has had surgery. I don't know any, but there are posters here who must know... Good luck! Bonnie B
Kabaa
on 7/21/05 12:49 am - Tempe, AZ
Hi I am also looking for a new PCP. I switched to Healthnet in order to get the surgery paid for which meant that I had to find all new doctors. The PCP I picked wrote the letter that I needed surgery, but he really didn't support it and he made that clear to me. I only saw him one time and I will never go back. If anybody knows of a PCP under Healthnet who either has had the surgery or supports it, I would like to know their name. It is amazing how many doctors don't know one darn thing about this surgery. Besides my 1 time PCP, my 1 time gyne had the same opinion. Both of them wanted to know why I just didn't go on a diet! Duh. Good luck. Glad you posted this. I think it might help if we heard more posts about doctor experiences for those newbies just getting started. It could help them to understand the hurdles they may face and give them courage and encouragement to not get bogged down. Fran
Stephanie J.
on 7/21/05 2:21 pm - Tucson, AZ
The Tucson group has a database on its website with some WLS friendly doctors. Might want to check it out. = Stephanie J http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/TUSWLS/database
devotchka
on 7/21/05 10:33 pm - tucson, AZ
I'm a member of that group(DUH) and I never check the Database-just read messages!-Thanks for the reminder-already on it!!!-Emmy
Randi D.
on 7/23/05 10:15 am - Peoria, AZ
Emmy, I had to change my PCP because of problems I had with him--long story. I am now using No Appointment MD. They are very caring and knowledgable regarding the weightloss surgery. Email me for more info. Randi
shannonselleck
on 7/23/05 3:13 pm - phoenix, AZ
WOW these drs suck! my dr was the one who suggested wls to me.. and, honestly, kinda pushed me into exploring it as an option... i am up in phoenix near central and dunlap .. he is in this area also.. if anyone needs him, hes awesome.. Dr. Mark Shucker shan
Most Active