1/2 Marathon - WALK

Trisha
on 7/17/05 4:23 pm - Glendale, AZ
Who all is interested in particpating in the PF Chang's Rock 'n Roll Marathon in July 2006? We would be doing a 13 mile WALK (1/2 marathon). It's around $65 to register, but you have a month or so to save up for it. We should register online before 9/1/05 - prices go up in September. I'm starting to walk again - yep, even in this ... HEAT.... at night.....to get ready for this. I know there's a couple others interested, so if you are interested let me know. We can be giving each other training tips on how to reach 13 miles walking easily by January. We have to start now though - we don't have to get together to walk/train....but we could have an online training system to help encourage each other and motivate each other to walk more. Requirements for participating: * Get it cleared through your doctor - you MUST be in good health to do this. Do not push yourself!!! * Be able to walk 13 miles in 4 hours by January - start now in working up to that! Here are a few good links for us beginniners doing a 1/2 marathon - WALKING - training wise and where to start: www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/walk.htm www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=367208&rl=1 http://walking.about.com/cs/beginners/a/10mistakes1.htm http://walking.about.com/cs/shoes/bb/shoes.htm Trisha
Sandy in Tucson
on 7/17/05 11:56 pm - Tucson, AZ
I thought it was in Janurary of 2006..........I hope to attend.....but Trisha I do believe it is in Janurary not July...like you posted. I am very interested. I heard you had to colllect alot of $ to be in the event. I know somewone who did last years 1/2 marathon. I think it cost her $800 with fees and donations, etc. Can yoiu find out the exact fees....I think expect you raise so much $ as part of doing the marathon. Sandy in Tucson
Trisha
on 7/18/05 7:42 am - Glendale, AZ
Ooops! You are right! It's JANUARY 15, 2006 - not JULY. I guess the heat is getting to me!! Let me find out costs. $800???? OMG! OMG! OMG! Trisha
Most Active