Phoenix Movie - Saturday

Trisha
on 7/12/05 2:00 pm - Glendale, AZ
If you are free Saturday for a bit and would like to join some WLS buddies for a movie in Phoenix, please come!! As I told the Phoenix group, please don't not come because of fitting in theater seats or sitting next to someone at the theater. I remember pre-op (even now), I avoided AMC theaters and movie outings with groups because of the seat issue. I'd need to lift the arm up, sit a seat between us, etc. Too complicated, ya know, for non-obese people to understand. But we UNDERSTAND! We've been there!! Our common bond is morbid obesity. So at the theaters, we can spread out - lift the arms, have a seat between us, whatever. I just want us to have fun and have no "weight/size" related issues. All are welcome - pre-ops, post-ops, family members, friends whoever you want to bring or just come by yourself!! I'll be there! I hope you can come!! No judgements or looks or anything. We are a SUPPORT group and accept you just the way you are!! DATE: SAT 7/16 TIME: 10:30 (MOVIE STARTS AT 11:20, SO THE SOONER YOU CAN GET THERE THE BETTER). I'LL BE THERE AT 10:30. WHERE: MEET IN FRONT OF HARKINS THEATER METROCENTER MALL (I-17/DUNLAP) WHAT: MOVIE AND LUNCH MOVIE - THE WEDDING CRASHERS (vince vaughn, owen wilson) LUNCH - After the movie let's go to TGI Fridays at I-17/Peoria (5 mins from mall) They have all tables there, no booths, so no worries about booth issues. I'll be out in front of theater and as you get there you can get your tickets and go on inside. We'll be sitting towards the front, handicap section - so that those that can't take steps or have walkers/wheelchairs, etc. don't have to climb the steps. I hope you can come!! I hope this movie is funny and not too cheesy. LOL I'm only seeing it because I love Vaughn and Wilson. LOL We'll discuss it over lunch afterwards!! And if you just want to do the movie and no lunch, that's cool, or if you just want to do lunch and no movie, that's cool too. We should be at TGI Friday's around 1:30 or so I'd imagine - hmm...kind of a late lunch, huh? Well, either way!! Hugs, Trisha
Most Active