3 days out update

Brandy H
on 7/11/05 10:24 am - Glendale, AZ
hi guys! just wanted to give you a little update...i am a little more "lively" than i was yesterday. i am doing well. my abdomen is is still really sore. i am walking around the house alot and i tried walking outside about 3 houses down but it is just way, way too hot...why do i live here again??? anyways, i feel pretty good other than the belly soreness. i feel like i have a combination of cramps/and i did WAY TOO many situps. my daughter has been too cute she got a dr. kit from a friend of mine to help "take care of mommy" and she has been checking my "tenchapure" every hour or so. i am working on eating enough. i am just not hungry. but i know i have to eat. here is my food intake today. it really helps to write everything down so i know what my "numbers" are. i realize i need to do about double of this but here is my menu for today: 7 a.m. carnation instant breakfast with skim milk 8oz. 8:30 a.m. 15 oz water 10:00 2oz. yogurt with 1/2 protein scoop 12:00 crystal lite smoothie with protein scoop nap 2:30 15oz. water 4:00 2oz. cream of mushroom soup in a bit i am going crazy and having some pudding with a protein scoop! woohoo.. I LOVE PUDDING!!! haha. dork!
janice
on 7/11/05 11:54 am - Mesa, AZ
Brandy its good to hear you are doing good. Also it is good to hear you are not hungry. I read one posting and the lady said she was so hungry. It made me a little worried. I don't want to be hungry.!! I hope the pain goes away soon. I know what you mean about the heat. I stay indoor as much as possible. They say we can get in the pool to exercise. But to wait 4 weeks before getting in the water because of infection. I have not been in the pool for about 3 years. I've been afraid I wouldn't be able to get out. I just had a Bar put on so that is how I am going to tryyyyyyyyyyyyy to get my exercise. Which hospital were you in? I still have 17 more days till surgery. Please keep me posted on your recovery. I need all the support I can get. I wi**** was already over. And I was working on getting better.(HAHA)--Janice
janice
on 7/11/05 11:57 am - Mesa, AZ
I just looked at your profile and I see you have my Dr. were you at Good Sam?
Brandy H
on 7/12/05 1:44 am - Glendale, AZ
hi janice, no i didn't have surgery at good sam. i was at st. lukes.
Trisha
on 7/11/05 4:06 pm - Glendale, AZ
At first you will not be able to take in too much food/liquid so what you are eating now is fine. You are still healing. Yep, my abs hurt too for about a week post-op - mainly when I was getting into bed or getting out, sitting down and sitting up on toilet or chair. Just press a pillow agains your abs to help. That "too many sit ups" feeling is just the right feeling to have after lap RNY. Take your pain meds -they help but they DO cause CONSTIPATION . So make sure you take milk of magnesia (cherry flavor my fave) if you get backed up down the line. So happy you are home and doing good. Glad you have a doctor in training there helping you!! That is too cute!! Keep us posted!! P.S. Don't forget to post this to the PhoenixWLS group too!! Hugs, Trisha
Brandy H
on 7/12/05 2:07 am - Glendale, AZ
thanks trisha for all your help! and thank you so much for visiting me at the hospital too and keeping everyone updated on my progress. i really appreciate your advice and such. yes, that is exactly when my abdomen hurts... getting up/getting down/out of bed etc. i actually got "stuck" on the couch yesterday!!! not so funny..even though it sounds hysterical!
oldpolly1
on 7/11/05 5:25 pm - Gold Canyon, AZ
Brandy Glad to hear how well you're doing. You were able to take in that whole Carnation IB??? I guess I thought we couldn't take that much, but maybe with it being liquid... Anyway, the diet seems very doable Have you dared the scales yet?... You're giving me great hope. I'm still waiting to hear from Dr Juarez's office. They never told me about any kind of bowel prep, just NPO after midnight. Don't they want clear fluids for a day, then mag citrate or some other bowel stimulant to clear you out??? I have called them and they never return my calls!!! I'ts so frustating! Anyway, I am going to do that on my own starting Tuesday afternoon. I want to be really cleaned out! Keep posting, you're really helping to give me hope! Glad to hear you have your own doctor on call with ya! Bonnie B
Brandy H
on 7/12/05 2:03 am - Glendale, AZ
hi bonnie, did you get a letter with your surgery date and stuff on it? did you go for your preadmit appointment at the hospital yet? they should have pre-op prep stuff all printed out in the packet the surgeons office sent, or on your surgery date letter. and they should go over everything in your preadmit appointment at the hospital. also, just a little fyi...8 oz. of liquids is the max you should have at a time and 1/4 cup or 2 oz. of "food" i.e. soup, pudding, anything with texture is what we should have at a time. call the dr.'s office again until you get someone on the phone!! my directions were to eat a light breakfast the morning before surgery then starting at 11:30 i was to be on "full liquid phase" until my bowel prep which was to take place between 2-4 p.m. then as soon as you do the bowel prep you are to only have "clear fluids" then nothing to eat or drink not even water after midnight until surgery. call the office again! brandy
janice
on 7/21/05 12:49 am - Mesa, AZ
Bonnie I found out it is easier to get a hold of someone at Dr. Juarez's office if when you call go to the appointment opption and ask for who ever you want to talk to. Diane tole me to do that because they don't always have time to retrieve thier messages. I get through this way all the time. That was a quistion I had also (Bowel stimulant) and Diane told me to take a phosphate soda the night before surgery. They were suppose to tell us at pre-op class. I am glad I am not the only one who didn't hear that. Anyway when I called and asked about it that is what she told me to do the night before surgery at 5:pm and then not to eat any thing but liquids until midnight. then nothing else. My surgery is the 28th at 8:am I have to be at the hospital at 6:am. Hope this helps.Jnaice K
Marilyn C.
on 7/11/05 11:32 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Brady, Sounds like you are doing just fine. I thought you had a TT did not realize you just had your RNY procedure. Congrats on being on the losing side. You will get stronger everyday & abour 4-6 days out you will get a burst of energy & feel like nothing ever happened. But, Take it slow don't over do it. You are right about being hot. Its suppose to be 120 here in Bullhead over the next couple of days. Yuck!! I wonder why I am here in this Heat as well. It sound like you are getting enough protein in as well. The best thing that got me through the beginning weeks was Refried beans with a little cheese in them. I know Every Doc is different. Does your have you on liquids for a time then soft food. Just wondering?? Hang in there Everyday will get better. Keep walking around your house as much as possible & drink water or eat Ice all day long It makes a difference. The water intake gets easier with time as well. I am new to this board, but I had surgury 14 months ago Marilyn, the Bearlady
Most Active