Eating too much??

Trisha
on 7/7/05 2:56 am - Glendale, AZ
Freaking out!!!! PANIC! I'm 4 months out and I think I'm eating more than I should at one sitting. Though compared to pre-op days it's nothing, but it scares me at only 4 months out. Last night I was able to have 1/2 a small side salad plus a giant meatball - the entire meatball - with cheese and sauce. Also this morning I was able to eat an entire banana. Also over the weekend, I was able to eat 1/4 cup of meat loaf, 1/4 cup of diced potatoes and a 1/4 cup of cooked carrots - maybe it was more than that, I don't know. I didn't measure. I think it was close to a cup for EVERYTHING. ANd I know people further out eat a cup at a time (depending on food consistency), but I'm only 4 months out right now. If it keep going at this rate, I'm going to be eating 2 cups at a time down the line. PANIC! PANIC!! Not only do I think I'm eating too much at one sitting, I woke up to a 4 pound GAIN this morning!!!! I'm like how could I have gained 4 lbs?! I know it'll be gone within the week or so, but still..... FOUR POUNDS????? I'm going to start measuring stuff again and slowing down - really slowing down to eat. It's hard though when I'm on the go and such. Words of encouragement, please?! Hugs, Trisha
Darlene X
on 7/7/05 7:38 am - Maricopa, AZ
I cant comment on the amount your eating..... But I did want to say, dont worry at all about the 4lbs, our bodies weight naturally fluctuates daily, if your weighing yourself daily you will see your weight go up and down... depending on what time of the day it is, what you ate (Sodium causes water retention), if your body is retaining water, bladder full/empty at the time you weighed.... it takes a hell of a LOT of calories consumed to actually gain 4lbs (Approx 14,000 calories), and I very much doubt you ate that much its probably physically impossible for you to eat that many calories right now.... My suggestion....weigh weekly, and at the same time every time. I think most people do a morning weigh in after theyve been to the bathroom. BREATHE!!!! You Look great!
RedBuddafly
on 7/7/05 8:37 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Trisha... I think you are spending way too much time fretting... All those things are mushy, and when you chew the heck out of them... its basically nothing.. To remind yourself that you had surgery, have a nice marinated grilled chicken breast. You will see that only 3oz or so of that will be eaten. Please do not fret. Also.. you are not going to GAIN 4 lbs from those foods. Your body fluctuates. Are you PMS-ing? Is that time of the month? Hmm.. I bet it is. Call Carrie.. tell her I sent you.. Relax, and enjoy your new life. Erica 11-9-00 300/150
Trisha
on 7/7/05 8:57 am - Glendale, AZ
I feel so bad now for posting this to the world (also posted on a couple online support groups). I am feeling better now. Thanks for the encouraging posts.
cynthia E.
on 7/8/05 2:33 am - buckeye, AZ
Don't stress to much. Try cutting back on the portions. Remember the more you try to eat, your pouch will stretch. This is how I try to ensure that I would not over eat. I bought a measure cup (it looks like a shot glass, measures up to 4 oz) and 4oz cups. I had to teach myself that when I was done with the food I served I was full and didn't need anymore. If I want a salad and meat. I fill 2 container 1/2 full and I serve them on a real plate and eat up. Hope this helps. Cynthia
Most Active