Written exclusions...

Darlene X
on 7/6/05 10:12 am - Maricopa, AZ
I was just reading some various posts about insurance companies, and Im wondering how you would find out if there was an exclusion for WLS. I read a post where the person called, verified that they covered WLS.... went through the whole initial approval to be denied because there was a written exclusion in their policy. Wouldnt they tell you up from WLS was not covered then when you called?
Trisha
on 7/6/05 2:53 pm - Glendale, AZ
When you call your insurance company, have them look up YOUR employers policy because every employer's policy is different and has different RENEWAL dates. I have Aetna and as of 2005 they now have a written exclusion in their policies for weight loss surgery. However, when I called Aetna and had them look up my employer's policy, I found that the written exclusion doesn't take effect until AFTER the renewal date of policies. My employer's policy renewed on 6/1/05. As of that date, no one at that company could have WLS because my employer did not opt to cover that. So as long as I had my surgery BEFORE 5/31/05, I was covered. It's like a ticking time bomb!! LOL But like I said all along, if it's God's will for me, it'll happen. So make sure you have the insurance company look up your specific employer's policy. Hope that helps! Hugs, Trisha
Darlene X
on 7/7/05 7:24 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks!!!!!!!! I got a little worried.... so I had hubby call the insurance company. they looked up our specific policy and said its covered.... phew... I dont need to worry about suprise exclusions now LOL
Most Active