The waiting game

diamanti1
on 7/5/05 8:59 am - Peoria, AZ
Well time has flown by and I have had several appointments over the past month. Started with my consult and psych testing day....with that 6 hours behind me I was sent off for a sleep study. Did the sleep study last Tuesday night and what a miserable night....didn't sleep at all..probably cause of all the wires running to all different parts of the body....so after a very sleepless night....was told that I need to go back for an additional night...but this time with the CPAP machine....can hardly wait! This morning was my psych follow up with Dr. Messer....very nice guy and we had a good conversation....the MMI described me to a T....which was good...and I have my psych clearance in hand....I have to admit...I was impressed by the results....said I am a perfectionist, a leader and adaptable.....all good things....so now the wait begins.....all my paperwork will get submitted to insurance hopefully by the end of this week.....oh how nice would it be to have an answer next week....but I am going to put out of my mind....and keep busy with work...hopefully something by the first of August would be nice. Good luck to all. Dave
Trisha
on 7/5/05 10:35 am - Glendale, AZ
Congrats on getting all the pre-op clearances done. Yay!! Yep, my psych test described me to a tee as well, I'm like WOW! Glad everything is going smoothly so far. You'll be sleeping like a baby at the sleep test next time you go if they give you a CPAP machine. Keep us posted on your pre-op progress. Waiting for approval is grueling - but before you know it - you'll be approved! Hugs, Trisha
Ginger
on 7/6/05 1:08 am - Chandler, AZ
Wow! I summitted my paperwork on the 21st of June and even though there has been a holiday (July 4th) in the way, my insurance co. is telling me that it takes 30 to 60 working days to obtain approval. Has anybody out there have the same problem? I have blue cross/blue shield of Empire and Dr. Fang is my doctor. So many of you have said that it took 24 hours for approval? I'm usually pretty paitent, and I realize that I'm not the only person in the world playing "the waiting Game" but 30 to 60 days?...why the big stall? I'm beginning to think that the answer is no..and then what? Thanks, Virginia
Trisha
on 7/6/05 3:42 pm - Glendale, AZ
I think that is a "standard" answer. Has Dr. Fang's office already submitted your info to the insurance company? If so, you should find out within the next few weeks. 60 days?? Never heard of anyone waiting that long. Insurance companies are usually pretty fast, but Dr. Fang's office is so backlogged with patients that it takes a month or two between consult date and the date they actually submit the paperwork to the insurance company. So hang in there!! Won't be too long!! Hugs, Trisha
Arizona_Sun
on 7/7/05 12:18 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hopefully it won't be truly that long for you. I know how hard it is to wait. Have you attended any Chandler WLS group support meetings? We would love to have you come if you have not. We meet the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month, 6-7:30 p.m. at Chandler Regional Hospital (Frye and Dobson) and we go to dinner some place after (all those who wish to go to dinner). Our groups loves to welcome new pre-ops and help answer questions and be of support to each other. It is a very nice group of people. Sandy
Ginger
on 7/7/05 1:15 am - Chandler, AZ
Thanks for the replys. Yes- Dr. Fang's office seems to be really back-logged. I know my paper work made it to the medical management dept. and has received a "reference number" but is still "pending" My case manager (RN) seemed happy to help and gave me her direct phone. I called and found out she's on vacation till July 11th. Oh well, I'll be fine I've been checking every day. I have BCBS Empire. Virginia
Most Active